Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this 1600 Eliminator got it home and found a couple issues I already have a 1400 gear, but this is a 1600 Hydro. They had the breather tubes on outside holes of air cleaner but they didn't fit right so 1 of my questions is shouldn't breather tubes be going from middle of air cleaner to outside? Second question is the carb looks funny and was leaking out while running I have taken pic of carb and something looks missing but I can't tell from the diagram what it is. Thanks in Advance for help
Derek

·
757 Posts
I just bought this 1600 Eliminator got it home and found a couple issues I already have a 1400 gear, but this is a 1600 Hydro. They had the breather tubes on outside holes of air cleaner but they didn't fit right so 1 of my questions is shouldn't breather tubes be going from middle of air cleaner to outside? Second question is the carb looks funny and was leaking out while running I have taken pic of carb and something looks missing but I can't tell from the diagram what it is. Thanks in Advance for help
Derek

looks like its for the high speed needle screw and spring
cheers
8tyman8

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took pic to guy at parts house he didn't know if it was missing anything? anyone have this same briggs motor?

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
The only thing that looks missing to me is the fuel solenoid.Is there a wire laying over there not hooked to anything?

·
757 Posts
The only thing that looks missing to me is the fuel solenoid.Is there a wire laying over there not hooked to anything?
i thought thats only on newer stuff thats like the late 90s the briggs appears to be from around the 80s

·
757 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is a wire taped up that hasn't been used in who knows how long, When I start it fuel is just dumping out of this hole and it wasn't doing this when I picked it up, I mean I had a puddle withing 30 secs of motor running.... thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated What is that fuel solenoid purpose and did I just miss it leaking?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK called shop I found a part number for a plug that is no longer available anyone by chance know the size of said plug?

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
OK called shop I found a part number for a plug that is no longer available anyone by chance know the size of said plug?
Whats the part number and i will see if i have the plug here as i have alot of nos briggs parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found the part from somewhere back east and ordered it it was about 10 pages deep on google lol

the part is 397882, I wish I had dimensions so I could throw something in there until actual part shows

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got a bolt and put it in, also night before I sprayed carb good with carb cleaner, I ran it today ran good. I am checking oil to make sure no gas is dumping into crankcase. New Problem: I shut off electric PTO and the went to restart it and nothing? Looked through the online service manuals we have and couldn't find manuals for Eliminators?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update:I let it cool down for a couple hours and behold PTO worked again I have seen this with a lot of failing electrical parts and after mowing for 30 min I shut it off and tried to restart it and it did but took about 10 seconds, so is that Field Coil?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If this is a Briggs and Stratton engine you can go to their website and download the parts manual. You'll need the numbers off of your engine to get the correct one. I picked up Eliminator Hydro 1668 last week and did just that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts