Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Stew, Stew, Stew !!!! Jumpins we just barely got rid of that and now your talking about it again. Hehehe.
Well I know what you mean. I have one of those I’m gunna work on too. Not a Bolens, but a Case model, but I had no intention of working on it until August. At least get a few months of not thinking about that, you know what !!!!!
Hehe. Have a good one Stew.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Well mine works ok. It and my other Case one just don’t throw that stuff very far. Case throwers have an 8” chute opening, any other garden tractor thrower or blower, that I’ve ever seen are 6” chute opening.
So I’m going to play with trying to mount a 6” chute off a MF thrower onto the Case thrower. These Case throwers are 48” wide. So my JD one is 46” wide and is basically made the same as the Case. Same size auger or rotor, as you call it. But the JD one has a 6” opening and it works good.
So that’s what I'm doing. Have a good day Stew.
Please,,,,, don’t say that S word again. Hehe.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Thinking I might add a layer of metal behind the flat paddle area at the outer end to strengthen the metal so it won't bend as bad.
My JD thrower was made with a replaceable skid plate in there.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Do you think those rubber paddles help Stew. I tryed it on my JD thrower and didn’t seem to do much.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Jumpins Stew. You said it again. Hehehe.
Looking good. I don’t have any trouble with plugging up the chute in any of my throwers. I never could get the crazy carpet to stay in place in my JD one. But any way, I’ve been spraying my throwers with tremclad clear gloss. That works very good.
Have a good day Stew.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
She’s gunna be a tank for this winter Stew. And last a good while. Princess Auto, Canadian Tire and Home Hardware some times have metal in stock.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
I will be quite happy if it sits in the shed all winter and is not required but that is wishful thinking I am afraid.
Yes Stew. We both know that winter is gunna happen in the areas we live in. Just how bad they are is what we don’t know.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Thanks Stew. Can’t wait for you to do a video of it working in the $&@&. Hehe.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Be lucky if I can do a video in warm weather. Still hoping I won't have to use it this winter and that you get our share of the white stuff as I know that you just love playing with it after the wind moves it around.
Hehehe.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Stew, I know a fella who uses fibreglass resin on his snow blower. He coats the chute and other throwing parts. He just uses the resin, mixes the hardener, and puts it on with a brush. He does not use the fibreglass.

What do you think of that idea ?

Noel

Reactions: Dave in NY

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
If it works and wet snow doesn't stick to it why not. Fiberglass resin is tough as they used to use it years ago here to coat rusty gas tanks but would have to make sure it was well cured and stuck to the metal on the chute well - how thick does he put it on? My thoughts are the snow carpet is not very expensive, works well for me given the sometimes slushy snow we get and have to deal with and it is easy to replace on a cold winters day if required so one can get back at the task of battling old man winter.
Not sure if he puts one or two coats on Stew. I’ve never used resin or Fiberglass. But I’m guessing the resin would be sorta thick and glossy.
I’ve tried the crazy carpet trick. Don’t seem to work for me.
I spray my throwers, plows and shovels with termclad clear gloss. Every thing slips and slides great.

Noel

· Super Moderator
6,812 Posts
Neat post. I kinda know what you means about the coating on armatures and transformers.

Noel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts