Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
old member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm looking for a replacement drive shaft (driveline) for my Bolens 1886. Can anyone help?
Thanks, BudW

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,558 Posts
Don't have one - looks like the original part number is 1722566 according to the parts list I have - looks like it was a solid one piece design. If you cannot find a new one you may be able to get a driveline shop to make a new one for you or you may also be able to replace the u joints if they are worn and that is all that is wrong with yours.

If you check out this thread another member had a two piece slip style one made up at a driveline shop for a 1669L model Bolens - I imagine that a shop could make one for your tractor using the old one as a reference for sizes if you cannot locate one
Update on Bolens XL 1669L Drive Shaft Rebuild, repairs...

Just suggestions that may help.

·
old member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't have one - looks like the original part number is 1722566 according to the parts list I have - looks like it was a solid one piece design. If you cannot find a new one you may be able to get a driveline shop to make a new one for you or you may also be able to replace the u joints if they are worn and that is all that is wrong with yours.

If you check out this thread another member had a two piece slip style one made up at a driveline shop for a 1669L model Bolens - I imagine that a shop could make one for your tractor using the old one as a reference for sizes if you cannot locate one
Update on Bolens XL 1669L Drive Shaft Rebuild, repairs...

Just suggestions that may help.
Thanks for your reply. Do you have a reference to the part numbers for the driveshaft end yokes (Kohler & Eaton ends)?

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,558 Posts
Do you have a reference to the part numbers for the driveshaft end yokes (Kohler & Eaton ends)?
No I don't - would probably have to match them up by size compared to your old ones.

This thread may be of interest to you as it shows a drawing in post #9 with diameters of the two shaft sizes but I would suggest you verify that your shaft is the same.
Large Frame Drive Shaft Length?

·
old member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I don't - would probably have to match them up by size compared to your old ones.

This thread may be of interest to you as it shows a drawing in post #9 with diameters of the two shaft sizes but I would suggest you verify that your shaft is the same.
Large Frame Drive Shaft Length?
That's what I'm going to do. I did see that post but it doesn't show the fan or a machined area for it on the hydrostat end, so I wasn't sure if that was the correct one. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts