Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend bought a Kwik-Way loader and I am tasked to install it on his 1886. Gonna be a challenge. but I love that work. Here's some pics. First two are the pump which is being replaced.
Wood Helmet Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas
Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

I brought the lower mount home as it would not work as he received it. It was only 15" wide, need 17.25". I got it ready for the new configuration.
Plant Road surface Wood Wheel Asphalt
Wood Line Asphalt Road surface Gas

Not going to be a fast build as yet, stay tuned.

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was one big subframe. Let me know if you need anything else. Glad to help out.
Yeah, it was huge and too narrow. Need to look up the parts list for the 1886 just for the mount points for this frame.

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can widen an FEL subframe you can probably build one.. Just collect bits and bobs until you can piece one together (for yourself)!
Most likely if I had the materials.

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brought the 1886 home today. First surprise is that the steering casting hangs down 1-3/4~" right in the way of the loader cross piece. On to plan B.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Here's the uprights.
Wood Water Yellow Line Wall

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Here's a thought on plan B.
Might want to make it so the part going across be bolted on so it can be removed if something on the lower side of the tractor needs to be serviced rather than having to remove the whole loader unit - just a suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Might want to make it so the part going across be bolted on so it can be removed if something on the lower side of the tractor needs to be serviced rather than having to remove the whole loader unit - just a suggestion.
That would be defeating the strength from my view. Plus much harder to get it all right. It will be right under the steering casting, so if you need in there the whole mount would come down as I'm using some of those bolts for the 2X3 to mount.

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My large frame has a Johnson loader, but if I can take any pictures, or measurements for you, I’d be more than happy to.
Not sure how the Johnson mount compares to the Kwik Way.

Reactions: IHCubCadet147

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today, I hope to get the bolt holes drilled in the 2' X 3" angles. Have to go get some longer bolts to mount it too. At least, I will if the rain will let me get the measurements I need under there.

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Totally different fro, what I see there!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I’m not really surprised, it’s the first Johnson loader I have had, and it mounts a lot differently than the quick way, and ark loaders I have had. However, with that being said, it doesn’t really seem to be in the way of anything, and I think other attachments could be run with this loader in place.

·
Super Moderator
55,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m not really surprised, it’s the first Johnson loader I have had, and it mounts a lot differently than the quick way, and ark loaders I have had. However, with that being said, it doesn’t really seem to be in the way of anything, and I think other attachments could be run with this loader in place.
True. But not what I am tryingto do here with what I have to work with.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts