Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was pretty cool. I went to the dump last weekend and they discovered that I did not have my dump sticker on my truck. So I got this new dump sticker only to have to go in an month to renew it but it was worth it :smiley-score010:

Attachments

·
6,085 Posts
Sorry for asking this, but are you not allowed in the dump with out a sticker. And if no sticker, what do you do with the garbage. I guess I don't understand. We don't need a sticker here where I live.

Noel

Reactions: pharmer

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I have to buy a sticker ($1) for each large (55 gallon) bag of trash I take to the local dumpsters...operated by the county.

Cheap at twice the price!

Recycle items are taken free of charge.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Sorry for asking this, but are you not allowed in the dump with out a sticker. And if no sticker, what do you do with the garbage. I guess I don't understand. We don't need a sticker here where I live.
Noel
Here in rural New England, most towns had a town dump.
You could take anything there and dump it. It was buried without question.
But as time went on, people realized there was a limit to how long you could do this.
So now the EPA doesn't allow things that can be recycled or composted into the waste stream.
It used to be free to use the dump. But then towns decided they could charge a fee for it.
They sell most of what they get. So, it's just a win win for the town.
Usual fee for a dump sticker is $25 a year.
It's the easiest place to get rid of old tires, motor oil and paint. As well as any metal.

Joe

·
912 Posts
Mine is $95 a year. 65 and over half price. My elderly neighbor has a sticker on his truck. He has me use his truck to take his and my trash to the transfer station.Its a win win situation.

·
6,085 Posts
I get it now. We here in pei have a waste bin , compost bin and a recycle bin. We pay a fee, and the truck picks up the bins each week. Different bin each week. If we take stuff to the dump, we pay so much per tonne. Stoves, dryers, metal, tires and electronics are free.

Noel

·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our dump sticker is free but you need to pay to get rid of a piece of carpet, a computer, a tv, a toilet, a mattress shall I go on and on?

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,769 Posts
I have a heck of a time getting rid of stuff like that here but Luckily there isn't many Burn laws here.They allow you to burn up to 2 tires a day if there in a brush pile.Old TVs and computer monitors get torn apart,burned and the glass gets crushed up and buried deep in the ground.

I burnt a few tires but I still don't like doing it.Would rather pay a couple dollars each to the recyclers.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Ours is a county deal, $55 a year, you get up to two stickers and they're assigned to your registered vehicles. Stupid thing is they are sold per fiscal year, so they run July to June and you can't buy partial years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts