Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 3PT hitch from Ballard Fabrication, He now makes the lift arms so i decided i would give it a shot as i have a factory hitch that's missing parts. The welds and quality seems top notch just ran into one small issue. The plans he builds these to are the ones floating around on the web and it calls for 19 1/4 length lift arms and they are spot on. When comparing these to my OEM arms they are 2 inches shorter i was wondering if this will be an issue with function.

DSC_0236.JPG DSC_0241.JPG

I also scored this Brinly plow on ebay for 1.00 and that's not a typo. The seller has alrady called to confirm pick up on Sunday morning.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/single-bottom-plow-3-point-/271604097606?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=RkcOoCyLIJWD%252FqJa6uLQU7egb0w%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
The length shouldn't be an issue for any implement that doesn't use a PTO shaft. If the PTO shaft length is critical then you would have to deal with the difference in length. Shorter arms will give you slightly less lift height but a bit more capacity so it's a tradeoff.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The length shouldn't be an issue for any implement that doesn't use a PTO shaft. If the PTO shaft length is critical then you would have to deal with the difference in length. Shorter arms will give you slightly less lift height but a bit more capacity so it's a tradeoff.
No pto attachments here I have a oem set if I ever did get any it's mainly for the cat 0 plow and moving my trailer around the yard with out using my truck. My only concern that it won't lift the plow high enough or go deep enough but I guess I'll see come Sunday when I get the plow.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
No pto attachments here I have a oem set if I ever did get any it's mainly for the cat 0 plow and moving my trailer around the yard with out using my truck. My only concern that it won't lift the plow high enough or go deep enough but I guess I'll see come Sunday when I get the plow.
I would guess that the top link adjustment would be able to deal with the difference in height at the top of the travel. The real issue when I think about it would be a slight loss of travel from lowest to highest position.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You are only losing between 3/4" to 7/8" of travel in either direction. Good score on the plow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts