Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Arrrgh. I just had to share this Craiglist ad with ya'll - are you kidding me? And don't you just LOVE the blue paint?

Plus the guy advertised it as a "barn fine" - Bwaaaa haaaaa haaaa! And a Ford PINTO engine? As I recall, the Ford Pinto was so underpowered, it's engine would barely push the car it was designed for...

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/grd/5592027866.html

·
Registered
602 Posts
I think this guy is related to a guy (or maybe the same guy) that advertised a couple of years back a Bolens that was made by Ford Motor Company. Notice the "COBRA" steering cap??? LMAO.

Why do idiots exist? :deadhorse:

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
I know someone who would think that it is a factory prototype of a tractor Bolens decided they would not make after all. Of course it would be blue: it has a Ford engine in it. That makes perfect sense, right?

·
Registered
602 Posts
What's really cracking me up is his statement "what make this so rare is a factory installed 4 cylinder engine with 89 hp,most had 16 hp,has the same engine as a 1971 ford pinto had."

1971 Pintos came with 2 types of motors. a 1600cc @ 75HP and a 2000cc @ 100HP. I wonder what Bolens did to either gain 14HP on a 1600cc OR lose 11HP on a 2000cc. Hmmmmmmm. LOL.

Reactions: SC Farmer

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And it's ONLY $2,899!

I wonder if he'd consider $28.99 (if he pays freight)? Or, with all that HP, I guess you could drive it home on the interstate...

:D

·
1,204 Posts
I guess he was misinformed on the factory detail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts