Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm proudly restoring my grandfather's 1966 650. He passed a couple of years ago and this is the first of two I'm restoring. Stripped it down to bare metal in most places, primed and repainted and looking good. My problem is reassembling the clutch and PTO assemblies. The medium tubeframe manual is pretty vague and the parts catalogue exploded view is a little more helpful but doesn't really give good enough visuals for the relationship of some parts. Does anyone out there have any direction or advice? I had to rebuild the tranny after replaces wormshaft, wormwhell and pinion gears, that is working okay but it won't do me any good if I can't get the rest together! Have new decals ready to install as well so it's going to be a nice one when I git'r done.

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The 650's clutch should go together fairly easy due to the fact that there actually is not clutch material or adjustments to be made.
It would be helpful to post pictures of your tractor so I can see just exactly what you have and how far along you are in Assembly.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, thanks. Will try to get together some pictures, I have been taking some but big ol' dummy that I am I didn't take any of before I started! I guess my biggest problem right now is the idler arm, I took the roll pins out and can't quite figure out how everything goes back to engage PTO. Some reallly close ups would be most helpful.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
mjodrey said:
dadork,:welcometogttalk:
Glad to have you with us.
Be sure to post pics as you go.
:welcome::wewantpics:
WELCOME, and please post pictures. "Bolens 1000" is very knowledgeable about this tractors and so are some other guys on here !!!:thumbs:

·
29 Posts
It will help thank you but the arm that's hanging down the side in pictures 4 &5, where does it go and what does it attach to? And the spring I think goes to the other side but where does it hook on the arm?

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
nice to see you over here dadork!!! Brian seems to have you covered, i didnt know exactly what to say to you over on TF, but I definitely think you will have more help here.....Welcome again!!

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
ok, here are more pics:

I cant really get any better pics since everything is together and hard to get to
600 002.jpg

600 005.jpg

600 001.jpg

600 003.jpg

600 009.jpg

600 010.jpg

The last pic is of my 800. The spring attaches to two cotter pin's. The arrow is where the spring would attach to
Untitled.jpg

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts