Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
For the first time in my 3 years of ownership and in light of having no attachments for this one my 800 has done nothing more than transport me around the grass. Today I have finally found a use for it however. The slope and slippery grass meant I could not push my Morris back into the shed - The tractor and a block of 4 x 4 managed to do so.

Would really like to get a mower deck for this 800...

IMG_0480.JPG post-69804-0-68318700-1483751574.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I remember a couple of those cars around when I worked a gas station in the 60s. I think one was a convertable. I think we called them Morris Minors. They had the notorius Lucas electrical systems that also plagued my Triumph and MGA. Good Luck, Rick

BTW. Be patient, the attachments will show up when you least expect them but you will have to do some searching.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember a couple of those cars around when I worked a gas station in the 60s. I think one was a convertable. I think we called them Morris Minors. They had the notorius Lucas electrical systems that also plagued my Triumph and MGA. Good Luck, Rick

BTW. Be patient, the attachments will show up when you least expect them but you will have to do some searching.
Unlikely to show up in NZ i think, May have to look to ship one out from the States

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Back in 1960 I had a 53 Ford convert and a buddy had a Morris Minor and wanted to swap for the night, new girlfriend or something.My GF and I was out driving around in that MM and tried to drive up a hill behind the airport so we could watch the planes land and it wouldn't in either first or reverse so we never made it to the top of the hill. Last time I loaned out my car.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Micheal, just out of interest, what colour is your Morris? That's not a green colour I am familiar with on UK Morrises.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks All

The car has been resprayed many years ago - It should be a darker more natural shade of green - It will be returned to this.

As for Bolens in NZ- I have never seen another, They were not sold here. Im guessing it "moved" out here with someone.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Thanks Michael. I know there was a Empire Green around that time for exported Morrises.

·
Registered
273 Posts

Ahh Lucas electrical systems, aka "The prince of darkness" I had a 1970 Triumph Bonneville 650. Remember the days of riding......Ride for 2 hours, tighten bolts for 4 hours......and the electrical system failing, especially at night!!!! Boy, I miss her. Rebuilt engine twice, finally bored jugs to get her to a 750, chopped and raked 10" nice ride. Fond memories........Thanks!!!

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Q: "Why do the British drink warm beer?"

A: "Lucas makes their refrigerators."

(And I am the proud owner of a 1962 Austin-Healey Sprite Mk. II)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts