Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a Bolens 850 on eBay UK that got my attention. It's complete but the engine is currently not working due to a broken piston and con rod. The exhaust is not original and someone have sprayed a blue 'stripe' on the hood (why?). Currently for sale at £150. I think it's worth pursuing.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently it's a barn find. What attracts me to it is that it's complete and not been messed around with apart from the blue spray paint. Also I have not got the Bolens Man decal either on my other Bolens. I think it's too good to be parted out in my view as there aren't that many TF Bolens knocking around over here.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well as Andrew has found an example I thought it only fair I found my own. Please see new topic

I will pick Andrews up this weekend so keep you posted

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking forward to seeing better photos and feedback from Chris when it's collected.

Interestingly, I spoke to the seller and the tractor was used to mow a caravan park in Hampshire, a stone's throw away from where I once lived and worked at a National Trust property, West Green House & Gardens. The 850 was always stored under cover and was used regularly until it broke down. Another tractor was bought and it was left in a barn for some years until the owner died and the estate was being sold off. The seller bought it a few years ago. Always interesting to know about the background if a purchase.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
According to the Wisconsin engine serial # 4583950, the engine was built in Jan 1968 making my 850 a '68 model year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts