Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I made the trip to pick up the Bolens 900 I bought the other day. The tractor also came with a sickle bar mower,tiller and sprayer. The tractor starts right up and doesn't smoke. The tiller was mounted on the tractor and turns when the pto is engaged. The sickle mower we just put in storage.
We did mount the sprayer on my 800 to see what if anything would happen. It actually does work. I do need to clean out the tank and the lines a little better because the nozzle would clog with tiny particles of dirt.
George will post some pics and hopefully a short video of the sprayer.Very happy with my latest addition.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
congrats on the new bolens, i seen that on ebay it was a very nice tractor. any reason you put the sickle away? if you have any tall weeeds or small saplings you want to cut they kick but i love mine i have cut 1 1/2 inch saps with no problem. good luck with it if u had the money we would have been in a biding war but i bought some stuff in ohio so im spent for now

Reactions: grand

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I have the pictures. I will try and get the short video up yet tonight or it might be tomorrow. But here are some pics of the 900 with the tiller and some pics of the sprayer in action.

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1967bolens collector said:
congrats on the new bolens, i seen that on ebay it was a very nice tractor. any reason you put the sickle away? if you have any tall weeeds or small saplings you want to cut they kick but i love mine i have cut 1 1/2 inch saps with no problem. good luck with it if u had the money we would have been in a biding war but i bought some stuff in ohio so im spent for now
I don't think there will be anything wrong with the sickle. I have one already sitting in the garage and just didn't want to mount it on a tractor.We probably should have at least taken pictures of it. I'm glad you had already spent your money. I know the feeling. Sometimes there are too many things to try and buy and at other times you wonder why you can't find anything when you have that extra jingle in your pocket.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
grand said:
I don't think there will be anything wrong with the sickle. I have one already sitting in the garage and just didn't want to mount it on a tractor.We probably should have at least taken pictures of it. I'm glad you had already spent your money. I know the feeling. Sometimes there are too many things to try and buy and at other times you wonder why you can't find anything when you have that extra jingle in your pocket.
ok i got ya i dodnt know you already had one. but i know what you mean when you say "when you have money theres nothin good around but when your broke everything comes along" but i got some really nice attachments and another 1050 with a johnson 10 FEL. one of the other gems is a NOS brinly leaf rake. they are super rare and he only wanted 65 bucks WOW!!!!! so im pretty happy with what i got now im just waiting to combine my soybeans and corn an im goin to go pick all the stuff up

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad to hear you made some good buys on more additions to your collection. Please post some pics when you get the new pieces home.

·
Tractorholic
255 Posts
It is nice to see these units come up every now and then. People that have an attachment to them seem to know that they didn't keep it to get rich. Instead when it is time to sell they would rather it go to someone that will take care of it like they did.

Great buy for a great Bolens guy.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
That's a good looking machine.

·
Live long and prosper
6,782 Posts
That is a great find grand. Congrats to you. Nice pictures too. Hope the sickle is as nice as the rest.

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
Nice tractor and attachments, Grand. Good luck with them.

·
238 Posts
Nice find! Those sprayers are great. I have one that works really good, but I think I may modify it a little and put a bar boom on the back to make spraying the lawn a little easier.

·
Tractorholic
155 Posts
Really great! Ithought about bidding on it, but I just bought a sickle attachment for my 900 and already have the Flail Mo, mower deck and snowthrower, plus the distance. All I needed was another trip from central Cal back east to pick up another 900. It sure looks sweet. CONGRATS!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts