Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
That's in great shape! I love the snap hitch decal on it. I just wish it was closer to me. Looks like its for a Power Ho.

Reactions: larryd

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I think thats been on there for 1 or 2 years.....

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,267 Posts
. He says it was on a ride a matic but can't remember how it was attached. He has the part number as 22447 but it doesn't seem correct
The Snap-Hitch was never intended for use on any model of Ride-A-Matic, and as far as I know, I don't believe it will even fit any R-A-M.

That being said, the Snap-Hitch is only attached to the reel unit with two cap screws. .....The hitch plate could be switched to the later style to fit a VersaMatic.

However, the mower advertised is definitely NOT a #22447, regardless of what tag may be on it. .....The #22447 was a 30" reel mower having 3 wood rollers, and a different style hitch mounting. ....Also, the spring-loaded idler pulley assy is different than the one pictured.

The reel unit advertised could possibly be a #F401 or #15401 24" reel unit with the Snap-Hitch replacing the #1703498 Hitch plate used with 15F and VersaMatic tractors.

·
DR. Bolens
19,077 Posts
You are correct in saying the power-Ho snap hitch will not fit Ride-a-Matics, but I believe Bolens Referred to the Power-Ho, Versa-Matic & Ride-a-Matic Attachment mounting system as the "Snap" Hitch which made for 2 variations of the hitch

If you look in the manuals the Ride-a-Matics are said to have "Patented snap hitch"

There was a trace of a decal like that on the Ride-a-Matic I have so I got one reproduced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts