Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a publication in April of 1957 here is a pic of the Bolens Convertible Power-Pak system. It mows, tills and plows snow from one engine power plant.

Wonder how many complete systems exist today?

Bolens Convertible PowerPak PMApr57.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
The Bolens Power Pak would be an awesome piece to have especially if you had all the attachments.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Now that is something. In a lot of ways Bolens was ahead of their time. Big box quality put them under.

Reactions: MyBolens1053

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think Toro's Power Handle with multiple attachments was on the market before Bolens came out with the PowerPak.
What years were the power handles made? I cant find any production info on them

I think the power pak made its first appearance in 54' -55'

·
145 Posts
I guess by "snow plow" they actually mean snow thrower. They do say that there are 3 rotary mowers. Nothing about reel mowers.

This ad for Storr Tractor Co. in Westfield, NJ in The Westfield Leader on October 30, 1958 states that the prices start at $99.50 with "Easy Terms", which implies that the attachments were available individually:

http://archive.wmlnj.org/TheWestfieldLeader/1958/1958-10-30/pg_0023.pdf

Trivia: StorrTractor Co. is still in business (since 1945) and is recognized as one of the top 500 woman-owned businesses in the US.

There's a Bolens Power Pak brochure for sale on eBay for $19.99. The are some photos (hard to read), but the seller indicates the model numbers for all the attachments. They are as follows:

TILL-PAK 20607,
POWER-PAK 2040
SNO-PAK 20510
MOW-PAK ATTACHMENTS
20427, 20426, 20425

I was barely able to read the descriptions of the 3 Mow-Paks. The 20425 is 19" wide, the 20426 is 21", and the 20427 is 21" and self-propelled. Mystery solved!

Maybe one of you Bolens Power Pak owners would like to add this brochure to your collection. :D

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
According to the ad, you need 2 more mowers also. I would suppose one would have been a reel but what would the 3rd have been, different width? Or, were all 3 just diffferent widths?
No reels, just rotary type mowers. There were a few different deck options with one being self propelled like the one I have.

Maybe one of you Bolens Power Pak owners would like to add this brochure to your collection. :D
Already have one :D

·
DB restorer
2,850 Posts
I couldn't find the flyer, but DB had a similar set up for mower/tiller. Had a cone clutch built on to the bottom of the engine. Don't remember them having any snow blower unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts