Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to pull the motor out (Wisconsin tra 10d) out of my EK 10. Which bolts do i remove? There is a 1/2" bolt and slightly above it is a 9/16ths bolt. The 1/2" bolt would be easier and looks like its a plate that the 9/16th bolts attach too. I figured I would ask, and feel free to offer any other advice about removing this thing. Thanks

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
It's been awhile since I removed a EK10 engine. In reviewing the parts catalog in the manuals section, there is an adapter strap on each side of the engine. Each strap has four holes. Two 3/8" bolts (9/16" wrench size) go through the strap and into the holes in the engine block. Two 5/16" bolts (1/2" wrench size) go through the strap and into holes in the transaxle. I really don't think it matters which bolts you remove (either all four of the 3/8" bolts or all four of the 5/16" bolts), as either would release the engine from the tractor.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Frame steer described it pretty well , you will need a deep well socket with extension to remove the rear bolt closest to the coil, that one is a PITA to get at!

The bolts are screwed into the casting so no nuts are underneath

ek 014.JPG ek comes apart! 031.JPG ek comes apart! 006.JPG

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts