Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bolens ek and reel mower 013.jpg

i got my EK10 out for the county fair an i hooked up the reel mower so i thought i would share some pics also a couple of members ask me to post some. i put it away this winter an i went out put some gas in it an she fired up i didnt even have to charge the battery.:bounce:

Attachments

·
DB restorer
2,850 Posts
Dude, now thats a good looking machine. I always found the "deck" a boring tool to use. Now if you was to find a pair of back wings, you have the coolest ever EK10.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bolens 1000 said:
Nice EK :thumbs:

I got to find one of them reel attachments
thanks!!! it may take you a while this is the only one i have ever seen

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
There was an EK 7 listed for $200 a few years ago locally and it came with the reel mower attachment...... I kick my self everyday for not getting it :wallbanging:
man thats ashame you didnt get it.. the mower is worth that alone. did you hook the blade and weight up to one of the EK's yet?

·
Tractorholic
434 Posts
Very nice EK10 bolens collector. I really like that reel mower, you would think that kind of set up would work better than the belly deck? Looks like it cuts real nice also. :)

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
speedyg said:
Very nice EK10 bolens collector. I really like that reel mower, you would think that kind of set up would work better than the belly deck? Looks like it cuts real nice also. :)
if this was 42inchs like the moweing deck is i would use it all the time. the cut is so nice but at only 30inchs it takes a while when i mow 4 acres a week. compaired to the GK with the 72in deck lol. i got a reel mower for the 1050 to im goin to pick it up when i get back from vacation along with a few other suprises. im bring home a truck load

·
Super Moderator
54,142 Posts
Nice attachment for that EK, Thanks for the pics.

·
DR. Bolens
19,074 Posts
1967bolens collector said:
man thats ashame you didnt get it.. the mower is worth that alone. did you hook the blade and weight up to one of the EK's yet?
I did try out the weight on the new EK I got and when the deck is on it makes the steering alot easier.
The blade will probably never see any real work, as that will go on my restored EK to take to shows

·
Tractorholic
434 Posts
1967bolens collector said:
if this was 42inchs like the moweing deck is i would use it all the time. the cut is so nice but at only 30inchs it takes a while when i mow 4 acres a week. compaired to the GK with the 72in deck lol. i got a reel mower for the 1050 to im goin to pick it up when i get back from vacation along with a few other suprises. im bring home a truck load
I see your point in regard to the 72in deck! With all thoughs toys waiting for you when you get home, I sure hope your not to distracted on the VC. :)

·
Live long and prosper
6,786 Posts
That is a really cool attachment. Nice to see it working.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
There was an EK 7 listed for $200 a few years ago locally and it came with the reel mower attachment...... I kick my self everyday for not getting it :wallbanging:
You silly silly man! :smilewink: But then I think every single one of us have those "why didn't I" regrets. One thing's for sure.....another chance won't get past you!

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
speedyg said:
I see your point in regard to the 72in deck! With all thoughs toys waiting for you when you get home, I sure hope your not to distracted on the VC. :)
lol i wont... i been waiting to go pick this stuff up for months

1 - 16 of 16 Posts