Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bolens
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Bolens Estate Keeper from a friend over the weekend. He got it a while back and could not get it running properly.

The is the only EK I have ever seen in the flesh as they are a rare beast in the UK. To me, it looks original apart from the box under the seat and the angle iron on the engine cover. Someone has had a play with the wiring too.

I think it is a EK7 but unsure. Can anyone highlight where the ID plate should be?

Iain

IMG_0622.JPG

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,146 Posts
That's cool!

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,265 Posts
Someone else will have to answer about the ID plate location.

The EK-7's were painted white and were Model 930-01 (1964), or Model 930-02 (1965 & 1966) and all models had the Wisconsin model S7D engines.

The EK-10's were painted yellow and were Model 931-01 (1966), or Model 931-02 (1967-'68'-'69) and all had Wisconsin model TRA-10D engines.

Here's the Owner's Manual: http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/file/2834-estate-keeper-owners-manual/

Parts manuals for the EK and attachments are in the Bolens Framesteer section of the Manuals forum.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Would love to find one like that in my area. Nice find you have there.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Another nice find Iain. Better than the one up Bristol way. Hope you get it running sometime.

·
Bolens
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is an EK7, should read model 930-01 on your ID tag located on the aluminum throttle control plate near the edge of the seat area.

This is a first year EK made 1964
This is great information. What are the difference between a 930-01 and a 930-02?

I think the ID tag is missing if it is on the control plate as this is where the electrical modification were started, with the key being replaced with a on/off switch and starter switch.

Thanks

Iain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts