Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
That seems pretty good. Look at the thread from a year ago where the member was given one that was shot. He did a beautiful job restoring it but spent a lot of money on it. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
911 Posts
My tongue in cheek secret to sliding new equipment in: old tarps. Always keep old tarps around and keep at least a few things under tarps. Even if it's just a woodpile. Then when a deal comes by and you can't refuse it and don't have time for the mother may I discussion. Buy it, slide it in between the others and tarp it with an old tarp. Shiny new green and blue ones draw attention. They scream "I spent money". Sit tight for a few months then bring it out. When the inevitable how long have you had that question comes along you can honestly say awhile.

I'm sure mine is wise to my game but I suppose it's our quiet little deal.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My tongue in cheek secret to sliding new equipment in: old tarps. Always keep old tarps around and keep at least a few things under tarps. Even if it's just a woodpile. Then when a deal comes by and you can't refuse it and don't have time for the mother may I discussion. Buy it, slide it in between the others and tarp it with an old tarp. Shiny new green and blue ones draw attention. They scream "I spent money". Sit tight for a few months then bring it out. When the inevitable how long have you had that question comes along you can honestly say awhile.
I'm sure mine is wise to my game but I suppose it's our quiet little deal.
A great tip and I am glad I ain't alone in this too. I am going to try that out and see what happens........

That's a tidy looking tractor too. Good luck if you go for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts