Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
I am not a Bolens guy. I know nothing about them. Always thought about getting one. They seem to grow on me everytime I see pics/videos of them. So here is a pic of one I'm thinking of looking at. Its a mess but I see some stuff I would like on it. Just wondering if anyone knows the model. The owner says it has an Opel 4 cylinder engine which is liquid cooled. Is it worth looking at? I see 26x12x12 ags lol. So, worse case scenario I get some tires and various parts. This is from a clist ad not far from me.
uploadfromtaptalk1390764766470.jpg
Thanks

Eric

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not really looking for a resto project. I just saw the opel engine and ag tires in the deal. Its pretty cheap. Although not really sure what I would do with it lol. This is what happens when I start finishing things on my GT list. I look for another mess!

Reactions: twostep

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
Was it an 1886 in a former life?
Yes it was a 1886 at one time looks to be a 1886-01.

As for the tractor it is way to gone to be saved so if the price is right to you for the parts that may or may not be good then get it if not then I would wait.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Yes it was a 1886 at one time looks to be a 1886-01.

As for the tractor it is way to gone to be saved so if the price is right to you for the parts that may or may not be good then get it if not then I would wait.
Hard to say what it really started out as.

If you take a closer look it has a lift control down low.

I would guess a 14hp large frame was its original model.

It also has a an earlier style seat.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The Grim Reaper mades its way on that tractor, whatever it was. RIP Bolens tractor. :deadhorse:

Reactions: dropped82

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I may still go look at it. Owner claims it'll run. We will see soon enough. I will post my results. Thanks everyone.

Eric

·
Registered
773 Posts
Whatever you do ,,,,,,,,, Don't reflect this ( THING ) as a Bolens.!! It may turn you off to the Bolens brand .. We wouldn't want to be mis-represented with something like that..

Good luck in your'e endever

1 - 12 of 12 Posts