Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the correct model front end loader for a bolens ht-23 tractor for the Johnson an kwick way loaders? I recently acquired a nice ht-23 an will be looking for a loader for this unit Also which loader is best?

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Drawing a balnk on model number right now,I think its a model 14,but not 100% sure,but the Johnson in my opinion is the best made,go anywhere from $800.00-$1500.00 usually,check it out good for weld repairs and if its twisted,please post pics of the HT-23

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Johnson 14 and a 24 should work to I got a 24 on a 1886.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Aaron, when did you get an HT23? I thought you guys were stuck on Ridemasters and Ride-A-Matics!

As noted before, a Johnson Model 14. I have one of those for an HT23, and I like it. The only shortcoming IMO is that the Johnson loader did not include a self-leveling bucket, which some of their competitors did. I think Kwik-Way loaders did.

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a good buy got a really good spare engine as well with it Plan to get a few attachments for it an use the thing Thanks guys for the info. I'm sure I will have lots of questions since these tractors are new to me

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
I have a j14 on my 23 but the 24 is a better loader

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
I like the J24 better myself.... nicer bucket and just a cleaner better loader but the buck doesn't cover the wheel makes but if I build a bigger

bucket the tractor will not handle it... I know its max cap is 500lbs? but I would not put it to the max

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I like the J24 better myself.... nicer bucket and just a cleaner better loader but the buck doesn't cover the wheel makes but if I build a bigger

bucket the tractor will not handle it... I know its max cap is 500lbs? but I would not put it to the max
The 24 will lift a Ridemaster off the ground thats around 700 pounds but it was maxed out.

hfdyfjhloipol 003.jpg hfdyfjhloipol 001.jpg hfdyfjhloipol 002.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Oregon_Bolens

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Not sure what model this is, Workhorse label on it. Took these pics last night when I went over to the old mans place. This is on a JD 300, he got the tractor with FEL, tiller, and deck for $50. It's got a blown motor, best way to find a FEL. I'd like to put it on a tube frame, not sure if I can? I missed the opportunity to get an 1886 minus a motor with an FEL and rear wheel weights for $400 a few months back...not sure what FEL it was...

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not sure what model this is, Workhorse label on it. Took these pics last night when I went over to the old mans place. This is on a JD 300, he got the tractor with FEL, tiller, and deck for $50. It's got a blown motor, best way to find a FEL. I'd like to put it on a tube frame, not sure if I can? I missed the opportunity to get an 1886 minus a motor with an FEL and rear wheel weights for $400 a few months back...not sure what FEL it was...
All that for $50? Wow, what a deal!

I'm no help on whether you can put in on a tubeframe, though.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
I think its a J12

1 - 12 of 12 Posts