Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was digging through a box of parts I got with my 1050 and found this bag that has front tire chains in it. I was wondering if anyone knows if the part number on the bag is a Bolens part number?Thanks Steve......

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,276 Posts
That does not look like a Bolens part number.

4.80/4.00-8 chains should not fit the front tires of a Bolens 1050, as the correct front tires are
16-6.50x8.

I never heard of putting chains on front tires of a rear-wheel drive Bolens tractor, and I can't think of any scenario where they would be beneficial.

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
That does not look like a Bolens part number.

4.80/4.00-8 chains should not fit the front tires of a Bolens 1050, as the correct front tires are
16-6.50x8.

I never heard of putting chains on front tires of a rear-wheel drive Bolens tractor, and I can't think of any scenario where they would be beneficial.
As Bruce said.Those are probly for a walk behind snowblower or someting like that.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Wish I could help you on the part number, can't though. I CAN say that those are SIZED correctly for original equipment Gravely convertible tires. Gravelys in snow country frequently have chains for snow pushin and blowing.

Reactions: sieborg400

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Same here,I have never heard of such a thing.

·
757 Posts
maybe i.m just dumb but why would you put chains on thefront tires? lololo
i have had to driving on ice your front tires do almost NOTHING on ice you can turn the wheel all you want but for you drive way it would do more bad then good

Reactions: goodnews
1 - 9 of 9 Posts