Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about modifying my spare GK deck because of the inherent problem with the belt drives on the wings. I have a few extra 90 degree deck gearboxes and some telescoping drivelines with u joints. My plan is to convert the wing drives to shafts so that the rotation would not be impeded when in the angled positions. Any opinions on this would be appreciated as I am just brainstorming at this point. I was also thinking of using my aux hydraulic outlets to power the wing raise and lowering with a few small cylinders I have, this would make the control from the cab much more convenient. I would have to work out the float and run them independently ideally. Thanks in advance. Eric.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No not 90 just a bit over 50 I would say. As to the JD deck as the idea is sound I would like to stay away from belts as they are just a weak point in any system, and I already have the shafts and gearboxes available.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
This should be interesting can't wait to see how it turns out. I thought you sold that Gk

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Kool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts