Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of the front wheel bearings and/or race on a H16, the manual is pretty hard for me to see. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm not sure what you are looking for but I just replaced the front wheel bearings on my HT20 they are just common 1" boat trailer bearings, so if you are looking to replace them you can more than likely take them to a local auto supply and match them up.

The deck bearings however are a different can of worms though, I ended up at a bearing supply house to source them.

·
Banned
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was NOTHING left inside my front wheels, as far as beearings go, I didn't know if they were Simplicity timken types or sealed bearings like on Cubs

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
They were Ball bearings

1185615 & 1185616

If I remember correctly the one closest to the frame had a seal on one side and open on the other, the other one closest to the Dust cap I believe was all open.

·
Banned
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were Ball bearings

1185615 & 1185616

If I remember correctly the one closest to the frame had a seal on one side and open on the other, the other one closest to the Dust cap I believe was all open.
Uh-Oh, somethings wrong, both the manual and Bolens 1000 gives me the same part numbers, BUT my front spindles have timken style bearings and a collar, and roll pin through the axle, any ideas why or how, maybe these are simplicity wheels, but are the roll pins stock on the tube frame Bolens?

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Uh-Oh, somethings wrong, both the manual and Bolens 1000 gives me the same part numbers, BUT my front spindles have timken style bearings and a collar, and roll pin through the axle, any ideas why or how, maybe these are simplicity wheels, but are the roll pins stock on the tube frame Bolens?
Never seen tapered bearings and a roll Pin in a tubeframe axle.... Sounds like someone may have modified the assembly.

·
Banned
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are 16x6.50-8 tires on the front, but I swear the rims are way narrower than a standard rim, more like older tractos. I wonder if this whole axle is from a older tractor or if someone modified the wheels/bearings/spindle. I'll do a closer inspection. Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
my 73 has that style rim and but is has tapped holes with button head cap screws to hold the ring on, the rims are 4 or 5 inch wide and 4.80/8 snowblower tires work great for year round grip :thumbs:

·
Banned
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It had the newer cub style sealed bearings, they were so ate up it looked like it had a race in there, still wondering about the roll pins, weird, yeah these tires are narrow, I'll be running 4.00-8 tr-ribs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts