Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Bolens H16. It is the first Bolens I have ever seen and came with a snow blower and rototiller. I am looking for a mower deck and have no idea what I should be looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Walt

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Walt. I moved the thread to the Bolens section for you!

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Welcome to GTT :wave:

There were different styles of decks available and you will need to get the right lift bracket's and mounting system for the decks.

If you have a picture of your tractor that would help get the ball rolling as you may have some brackets for the deck already in place.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,232 Posts
There are 7 mower decks which are not recommended for your H-16. (4 models are 32" decks, 2 are 38" decks & 1 is a 42" deck)

There are 6 mower decks that will fit, but will require certain hitch parts:

38" models #18415 & #18416 and 42" models #18420 & #18421 require part # 1722454 and #1722455 Links.

38" model #18417 & 42" model #18422 requires a #18425 Hitch kit and part # 1722454 and #1722455 Links.

The Bolens model #18418 is a 38" mower deck that does not require anything else, if it is complete.

The Bolens model #18423 is a 42" mower deck that does not require anything else, if it is complete.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all! I just found these messages on here. Thank you.

I dont yet know how to reply to individual ads so this will have to do. The tractor runs fine, but idles rough. everything seems to work.

Bruce: can you have a look at this ebay ad? the seller says it will fit my tractor. they are hanger linkages and I dont know how necessary they are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130881813210&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I wonder if these are the parts required on some of the mower decks you listed as compatible, but needing extra parts.

thanks,

Walt

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,232 Posts
No, Walt, I don't think these are the brackets you will need.

These are from a tube-frame mower deck, but I don't believe these are what you will need.

The parts pictured are from the earlier decks, whereas the later decks used a different style of mounting hardware.

If you look in the Manuals forum (button at top of this page) or use this link: http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/category/11-tube-frames/ you can find info about your tractor and the many attachments available.

I believe there are manuals there for the various mower decks (click on Implement Manuals in the left column of that page.) ...You can compare the pieces in the manuals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts