Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just picked up an old gardener with a Briggs engine (not sure of the hp, no ID tag) and it has no spark. I have pulled the flywheel and everything looks good but I have no idea what to do try and get it to fire and I don't want to tear it apart and screw things up, can anyone help me ?? I would appreciate any help ! Thank you

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Welcome to GTTalk! I cannot help with the Gardener engine, but there are those on here that probably can.

Reactions: chieffan

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Check that the kill wire isn't grounded,and also check that the condenser hasn't gone to ground.Could also be a safety switch somewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know where they were supposed to be ... I found them, they had a plastic cover over them and was throwing me off ...thanks for tbe help !

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
I had one I lost spark to and found it was the coil - NLA. Changed it over to battery ignition and it run great. Used a small 12 V battery and standard 12V ignition coil with a voltage drop resistor. Just in case you run into that situation. Good luck with your gardener.

Reactions: Alc

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
Check that the kill wire isn't grounded,and also check that the condenser hasn't gone to ground.Could also be a safety switch somewhere.
I don't think they knew what safety switches were when that BR6 was made. Kill wire was a tab on the head that contacted the plug when you pushed it down. Had to jab you a little David. :poke: :dancingbanana:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I don't think they knew what safety switches were when that BR6 was made. Kill wire was a tab on the head that contacted the plug when you pushed it down. Had to jab you a little David. :poke: :dancingbanana:
I figured that when I posted..But to be honest I have no clue what a Bolens Huski even is...LOL...I just saw B&S and figured it was worth a try. :D

Reactions: Alc
1 - 14 of 14 Posts