Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I made a post, Wheel Horse Gone Mad". Since then I've kinda gone crazy collecting different tractors with no rhyme or reason. I like them all. This Bolens is a heavy duty wo rk horse. I have the deck and front blade for is also. The engine is a 14hp Wisconsin, hydrostatic drive with oversize rear tires. I also have rear weights just in case I get a crazy notion to get it dirty.

I wish I could take credit for the restoration, but I bought it like is sets. I spent most of 2016 recuperating from both rotator cuffs injuries from a ladder fall. My plans are to be a more faithful Garden Talk contributor. I'm finishing up restoring a 1071 Massey Ferguson MF7, the red portion is in the body shop for paint. Thanks for your interest, if you have any questions, let me know. IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0541.JPG IMG_0368.JPG IMG_0246.JPG IMG_0341.JPG IMG_0539.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0245.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Man, that's absolutely top-notch gorgeous!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: Yeah buddy!!!! LOVE it. :thumbs:

I like how it's displayed inside too; it deserves it!! It'd be neat to hear some of the restoration specs on it if you have them. Everything about it looks fabulous. I love the seat, the decals... everything looks super. It's a beautiful machine that I'm sure you're very proud of!

Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see more of it in the future. :)

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Beautiful large frame Bolens. It is a tool. Use it. With your injuries the foot control transmission and the hydraulic lift can make your work alot easier. Find some pickup truck tire chains for it. Good Luck, Rick

·
Tractorholic
470 Posts
All I can say is WOW! Get it back inside before some dust settles on it. Great job,

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Now THAT is one nice looking seat cover! Is that two color beads and such, or just a dye on them? Wonder who did that? They could get MY call if I had a need that is. Woodgrain is kinda diff too, very nice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Bolens seat has embroidered letters that were embroidered into the cover (before it was made into a seat). The red edges are piping and also sewn into the seat as it was being made. I realize these are lady terms :) The guy who did this seat also did a seat for Hubby's MF7. It's just a plain seat and is not the same workmanship as this one. The plain one was $100.

·
Tractorholic
890 Posts
I'm a little late but I figured I'd add my WOW to the grouping above! Super clean and awesome Restoration! :worshippy1: :rocker: :love:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Beautiful tractor there... yes It would be hard to get it dirty.. I know my 1477,,After a day of mowing looks horrible,,full of dust and sand and grass.... :wave:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts