Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again everyone. I have a question. I have a Bolens Husky1257,motor #HH140 160016,Ser.#4270E. I don't ever see any 1257's here and it looks to me that all bolens came with Wisconsin motors. My numbers show zilch on the Wisconsin site so I am thinking it is a Tecumseh. Can anyone give me some information on this tractor? Was the 1257 a mongrel? Is this motor a replacement maybe? Thank you all in advance.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
welcome to GTT and the bolens family.. would like to see pics of the 1257 i has a 1254 witch is gear drive and had a wisconsin an it was a beast... i want a hydro tube frame well really a 1225 but no luck finding one yet

Reactions: iron Mike

·
Registered
313 Posts
if the motor is a HH140 it's a techumseh but it should be a 14 hp engine not a 12hp they were HH120's so the po may have put in another or generally a replacement engine but 2 extra hp doesn't hurt much

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome to GTT and the bolens family.. would like to see pics of the 1257 i has a 1254 witch is gear drive and had a wisconsin an it was a beast... i want a hydro tube frame well really a 1225 but no luck finding one yet
I will post a picture of the 1257 soon. It ain't much to look at but it has been a great tractor and it has been worked hard.

. Engine is now rapping and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts