Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I thought I would upload my progress on fixing the Model: 1948 Snowblower I picked up for my Iseki made G154. It was sitting outside in the dirt for at least 15 years before I got it. It was surprising to see that the gearbox and auger were still free! The best part was I basically got the blower for free, the guy I got it from gave it to me for doing some work for him. I will add progress to this thread as I go.

The first thing I did when I got it home is removed the chute rotation motor and chute deflector motor. Then I sprayed down the "Screw" that angles the deflector with PB Blaster and got that loosened up.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok does anyone have any Ideas on what to do about the motor situation? The motors themselves are no good anyway and they are past the point of being rebuilt. I can't seem to find a replacement online, I think I will call Sam's Bolens sometime this week and see what they can come up with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi I thought I would upload my progress on fixing the Model: 1948 Snowblower I picked up for my Iseki made G154. It was sitting outside in the dirt for at least 15 years before I got it. It was surprising to see that the gearbox and auger were still free! The best part was I basically got the blower for free, the guy I got it from gave it to me for doing some work for him. I will add progress to this thread as I go.

The first thing I did when I got it home is removed the chute rotation motor and chute deflector motor. Then I sprayed down the "Screw" that angles the deflector with PB Blaster and got that loosened up.
Here's a close up of the "Screw"

Attachments

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Ok does anyone have any Ideas on what to do about the motor situation? The motors themselves are no good anyway and they are past the point of being rebuilt. I can't seem to find a replacement online, I think I will call Sam's Bolens sometime this week and see what they can come up with.
I've seen electric window motors fabricated to work. Maybe you can match them to an 80s Japanese car? Get that cab too. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
697 Posts
If you aren't concerned about keeping it original looking, you could probably modify it to work with linear actuators. They are electric, but function sort of like a hydraulic cylinder . Princess Auto has them for reasonable prices so Harbor Freight likely does too.

Jim

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you aren't concerned about keeping it original looking, you could probably modify it to work with linear actuators. They are electric, but function sort of like a hydraulic cylinder . Princess Auto has them for reasonable prices so Harbor Freight likely does too.

Jim
I have experience with linear actuators. I outfitted my Haban Sickle mower with one this spring. Lifting it up and down all the time gets tired on the arm. I have had good experience with Firgelli Automation for linear actuators. I was thinking of using linear actuator for the deflector but i'm still not sure what to use for the rotation. :thumbs:

·
Registered
557 Posts
That thing is a beast! As far as the electric I'm not sure. I would think a good shop might be able to rebuild them? And the plastic pieces. If you can't find them you might think of making them your self? Some UHMW plastics would work great.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts