Garden Tractor Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
+2 on a linear actuator for the chute tip control.

For the blower on my G152, I just used 1/4" urethane for the glides.

For the swivel, would a high torque, low rpm electric motor for a kid's electric jeep or robotics work? Use a #40 chain sprocket on it, and cut apart a larger sprocket and weld on several pieces around the chute to attach.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
+2 on a linear actuator for the chute tip control.

For the blower on my G152, I just used 1/4" urethane for the glides.

For the swivel, would a high torque, low rpm electric motor for a kid's electric jeep or robotics work? Use a #40 chain sprocket on it, and cut apart a larger sprocket and weld on several pieces around the chute to attach.
Where did you buy the Urethane? Everywhere I've been looking has been kind of expensive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I work construction/demolition. Found it wrecking a building. I gave the rest of what I had to a neighbor for a project, I'll see if he has any left of it.

Your 154 doesn't have the hydraulic accessory kit, how is the front implement lift set up on yours?
I have the hydraulic accessory kit for it but it leaks and the control valve is frozen up so I removed it. I plan on mounting an atv winch to the bumper of the tractor to lift the blower.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
IIRC, the motors are the same as the late 1960's Chevy Suburban used to raise and lower the rear gate glass and the power windows when equipped.

Reactions: darkexphos

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apologies on the thread rez, but I had this bookmarked and I was working on my own model 1949 blower today. I thought I had a bad motor, but testing determined it was a wiring problem. At any rate, before I got it figured out, I spent some time trying to figure out what the motor is from. I'm 98% sure that it's a window motor that fit a pile of 70s/80s GM vehicles, including some Suburbans as a tailgate actuator. I happened to track the picture down on Rock Auto, but many other sources will work. Look at the front left/right rear window actuator for a '76 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser. Cardone P/N 82016 or 4216. The gear is listed as well, Cardone P/N 8290 or 4290.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Apologies on the thread rez, but I had this bookmarked and I was working on my own model 1949 blower today. I thought I had a bad motor, but testing determined it was a wiring problem. At any rate, before I got it figured out, I spent some time trying to figure out what the motor is from. I'm 98% sure that it's a window motor that fit a pile of 70s/80s GM vehicles, including some Suburbans as a tailgate actuator. I happened to track the picture down on Rock Auto, but many other sources will work. Look at the front left/right rear window actuator for a '76 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser. Cardone P/N 82016 or 4216. The gear is listed as well, Cardone P/N 8290 or 4290.
Thanks for the info. Pretty soon ill have to get working on this project again. It got put on the backburner for the summer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey everyone I've finally gotten back to the project. I still haven't gotten around to getting the electrical hooked up however I have gotten the blower mounted and Hydraulics plumbed. I was able to repair the aux hydraulic valve so it no longer leaks. I also replaced all but the 2 long hoses that run to the front. Here's some pics. Today I'm going to pick up some steel to make a basic cab as it gets insanely cold here in Wisconsin. More updates to come

·
Registered
36 Posts
I see you bypassed the engine manifold and went direct to two mufflers. Any benefit to that?

You will need a good 350+ lbs hanging on the 3pt to effectively push that beast around on a heavy snow day.

My set up below. Hydraulically actuated. The blower is 500 lbs. Hence the need for counter weights.

You'll have a lot of fun.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I don't think there's any real benefit to bypassing the manifold. The reason I did it was my muffler was long rusted away when I got the tractor so I took the 2 flanges that were left and welded 2 90s to them and stuck those small tractor mufflers on as I couldn't find a reasonably priced original muffler.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok does anyone have any Ideas on what to do about the motor situation? The motors themselves are no good anyway and they are past the point of being rebuilt. I can't seem to find a replacement online, I think I will call Sam's Bolens sometime this week and see what they can come up with.
Ok does anyone have any Ideas on what to do about the motor situation? The motors themselves are no good anyway and they are past the point of being rebuilt. I can't seem to find a replacement online, I think I will call Sam's Bolens sometime this week and see what they can come up with.
The motors are a 60's though early 70's general motors, power window motors

21 - 36 of 36 Posts