Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Bolens being just down the road from the Milwaukee Mile bolens would send some tractors to the track to push the cars for some free advertisement.

This is 1981 at the Milwaukee Mile ASA race.

Bob Senneker

Bob Senneker.jpg

Joe Shear

Joe Shear 2.jpg

Joe Shear.jpg

Jim Sauter

Jim Sauter.jpg

The Man Dick Trickle

Dick Trickle.jpg

Attachments

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Must be a big one then? Wonder what type of "Bumper" or pusher they adapted to it? Maybe a similar item to the trucks used in service garages with big rubber bumpers on them and turned in ends? Back when You COULD push a car by it's bumper, now not done with Plastic.

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
Those are some old but great photos. Only race cars that require pushing most of the time now are the Sprints. Others must be able to start on on their own. Nothing like racing on the dirt.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Man I remember that----when stock cars looked like stock cars I started going to the Milwaukee mile in the early sixties -got many pictures and films of the old days . Don't watch any pavement racing anymore.Google PDTR and look for car 33 track champ 2014 and 2015 super modified , thats my car ,I 'am in the far right of the picture and the guy in the middle in my driver---we do it on the dirt.

Oh and the car is for sale.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Those are some great pics! Nice find wherever you came across them.

Wonder what type of "Bumper" or pusher they adapted to it?
Ditto. Then again bolens made these tractors so beefy that maybe there was none at all! :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Great old pics.... I live 30 miles south of the Mil. mile.. Used to go with my father.. He and Benny Parson were friends... Never saw or thought to look at or for Bolens at the age of 6 thou... :D

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Easy job for a Large Frame

Reactions: wilberj

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
GREAT PICS, legends pushing legends, Dick Trickle was the "man". Sad ending for the "White Knight" the King of the ASA
Dick was the man with over 1000 wins he is one of the best if not the best driver in American history.

But I would have disagree with him being the king of the ASA. Mike Eddy a local MI diver won 7 championships and is second in win total in the ASA. He was also ASA all time career leader in laps lead, starts, and top 10s.

Dick was the king of ARTGO Challenge Series with 7 championships.

.02c

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are some great pics! Nice find wherever you came across them.

Ditto. Then again bolens made these tractors so beefy that maybe there was none at all! :D
I came across them on a racing facebook group. Bolens and racing are a big part of my life.

Reactions: MFDAC and Austen

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
I came across them on a racing facebook group. Bolens and racing are a big part of my life.
Sorry I missed this, Wilberj. Due to limited internet time I don't get to this part of the site much. I have only seen one Bolens ever, and don't own it! Very cool pictures. I think that is Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace's cars behind Jim Sauter. Joe Shear is a crew chief on a major Cup car now but I can't remember which one right off hand. I have only been to one ASA race at New Smyrna in 1981. I got a pic of Dick Trickle's hauler with the car and my wife got his autograph while he was having a couple of PBR's with his fans and crew.

DAC

Reactions: wilberj
1 - 11 of 11 Posts