Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tractorholic
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bolens qt16 001 (Small).jpg

Traded for a qt16 about six months ago, didn't know much about it, had never been around later models. My only experience had been with old tube frame. Finally got around to firing this thing up, and was pleasantly surprised. The smoothness, power, and overall solid feel of this tractor made a believer out of me.
That said, I am having a bit of trouble with identifying the engine. It has a decal type tag on it, with some sort of biodegradable paint for the numbers. When the PO wiped the dirt off the tag, the numbers came off with it. It is a performer 20[which I assume is a repower] because of the cobbled up wiring, small cut in the frame etc. Can anyone tell me what the model no. of this engine is?

Next is the fuel tank[plastic]. Has a leak on bottom at outlet. Threads are stripped out. Looks like 1/8" pipe thread. Has anybody got a good method to build this area back up, and re-tap?

Thnx in advance for any help. GEORGE

Attachments

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
The QT's original engine was a 16HP twin cylinder Onan.... I'm not too sure on what models were used....

I assume the 20 stands for 20HP on the engine in the pic...

Hopefully someone who knows more about onans will chime in

This is kind of random but the "Q" stands for quiet.

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
The model should be a P220 for the motor unsure what the spec number is.It has electronic ignition.

As for the fuel tank i could not tell you a good way to repeair but if no one comes up with a way for you i do have some good used ones just pm me.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
You could possibly plastic weld the "bung" and then drill and re-tap.

Reactions: dryrun

·
Tractorholic
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
qt16007 (Small).jpg

Hey guys, thanks for replies. One other question I can think of, does anyone know if qt16 can be fitted with rear shaft pto?

Bob, pm sent

thanks George

Attachments

·
Bolensholic
303 Posts
Yes, there is a spine on both sides of the pto. Mine came with two shafts that come off the rear. One is for the mower deck, the other goes all the way back for the tiller. Those were the only two powered attachments that came with mine, but I know there are more that attach to the rear.

·
Tractorholic
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys, thanks for replies, that told me a lot. I really like this tractor, and plan to use it quite a bit.

Best regards George

·
2,183 Posts
dryrun said:
View attachment 8498 View attachment 8497

Hey guys, thanks for replies. One other question I can think of, does anyone know if qt16 can be fitted with rear shaft pto?

thanks George
There was a 2000 rpm rear mounted pto that could run all 2000 rpm 3 point attachments.

·
2,183 Posts
If i remember correct will need to find the book but there was a loader,sickle bar mower and several more for that tractor.I also belive there was a backhoe made for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts