Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Smaller than a Large frame. Here's a pic and description from Popular Mechanics.

QT16 Popular Mechanics 1973.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Reactions: Toolfoole

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
The QT16 is a nice tractor has a 16hp twin onan in it. It should have a 48 inch deck on it. The QS and QT were replaced in the 80's with the 5000 series tractors. Most parts are not hard to find but with anything this old a few parts will be hard to find. One thing to check if you get it is the pulley on the gearbox as that is the most common problem with them. Check the pulley for cracks and also if it has a set screw in the pulley check to see if any play in the pulley. Most of the common attachments like the tiller blade and blower are easy to find around here but may be harder to find in your area.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info. I have two bolens now, so I want my next one to be something cool. I like the look of the ride o matics , but the 6 8 and 900's would be great. Not to many around here. I do know where there is a 900 for sale but it does not have the original engine. He says it has a 12 hp on it. It's ruff and he is asking 350.00 bucks. I would like to find something more complete.
I guess I will just keep looking!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts