Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i am after some paint for my Ride a Matic for when i have got all the mechainics sorted. I have scraped away some of the new green paint to reveal the original gold, and from my colour charts i have found Massey Ferguson Gold to be a very good match to my tractor. I dont know weather you had such thing as an MF FE-35 on your side of the pond but this is the gold paint i had in mind: Free Image of Ferguson FE35 1957 Tractor - Used tractors

I know its hard to judge colours from a picture, but if you have FE-35's over there can anyone confirm weather its a good colour. Its hard for me really because there are hardly and ride a matics over here and ive never seen one other than mine in the UK.

Thanks very much,
James

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I can't help with the color match to the FE-35 but I do wish you luck. Maybe someone can post up the color code for the gold paint and that could get you a better match or find out how close the FE-35 paint is.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,232 Posts
181 01 said:
Not sure what type of quality of paint job you are looking for but I repainted my 600 husky with gold Oldsmobile engine paint. So far seems quite durable but the gloss is not very deep.
View attachment 16222 View attachment 16223
That does look very close to the Bolens gold. .....The pic of the Fergy appears to be more "copper-ish."

If you can find any original gold (underside of the hood or underneath a bracket) most automotive paint suppliers can do computer matching of the color.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Bruce Dorsi said:
That does look very close to the Bolens gold. .....The pic of the Fergy appears to be more "copper-ish."

If you can find any original gold (underside of the hood or underneath a bracket) most automotive paint suppliers can do computer matching of the color.
:ditto:
Thats how I got my green deck paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts