Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for sale in the UK; it's the later model one I believe. It has been painted red in the past and should be gold. The photos are poor but I believe it is all there. Very tempted to get this as it got a mowing deck too. Any info or pointers will be appreciated. Thanks Andrew.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Other then the color I'd go get it.... Looks like a good 1962

Reactions: Bolens800uk

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
Red is a strong color. Signifies P-O-W-E-R, as in Case IH. ! !

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just out of curiosity how many older garden tractors do you come across over there?
That's a good question; not many around and if there are they will have suffered from the ravages of the UK climate. Also attachments are difficult to come by too especially for earlier Bolens models.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback. Hopefully will have this one in the bag by next week.....

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
It's neat to see where these machines turn up and the hunt for them. The east coast climate is just as bad over here.

Also we got a tr4a fun car to drive

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jabelman, That's a great Triumph sports car; an absolute classic.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's maddening when a seller does respond to messages concerning an item that they are selling. I have emailed him. Three time but have yet to get a response........ Frustrating to say the least.

·
1,204 Posts
Well I hope that you end up getting it. It is amazing where the Bolens ended up all over the world. It looks pretty complete too. Those belt guards are always hard to find.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know of around a dozen or so Ride a Matics in the UK in various conditions. A friend of mine has 5 and I have one myself and if I get this then I will have two. Strangely, the vast majority of the UK's RAMs are red........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts