Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me bring my ridemaster back to life. I need a Wisconsin AKS engine, the engine pulley with reversing discs, front drive rims (with or without tires, rims in good condition not rotted), the plate for the throttle and kill switch, the large spring for the tool bar, and the drawbar. Plant Motor vehicle Botany Grass Lawn ornament

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
Found everything except for the engine and pulley. If anyone has an AKS or AKN Wisconsin setting around, please contact me.
You found 4x18 front rims?

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
Still looking for engine and pulley!
I would suggest you go to some tractor shows in your area I pick AKN's and AKS's up all the time for 50$ or less.

Reactions: Tbrooks

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would suggest you go to some tractor shows in your area I pick AKN's and AKS's up all the time for 50$ or less.
I was at Bangor, Pa show a couple of weeks ago hoping to find one but no luck. There was a couple of BKN's but no AKS's. I think I will also place an ad on smokstak. The show season around here is winding down. Not many more until spring.

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
I was at Bangor, Pa show a couple of weeks ago hoping to find one but no luck. There was a couple of BKN's but no AKS's. I think I will also place an ad on smokstak. The show season around here is winding down. Not many more until spring.
If your not in a rush you could always do the tractor then find a engine in the spring at a show. Just a idea.

Reactions: Tbrooks

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just picked up two wisconsin engines over the weekend. One is an ACN the other one had no tag but looked like an AKN or AKS. I pulled the head off and it has a 2 7/8" bore and 2 3/4 stroke. Does that sound right for an AK? The spark plug comes out the side of the head like an AK. Also is there a way to identify the differance between the AKS and AKN. The tagless motor was missing the carb and magneto, but the ACN has both of those. The only other major thing I am missing is the air cleaner. If anyone has one they would like to sell please contact me. It sould be one that comes out at a 90 degree from the carb. Still looking for the motor pulley. If anyone out there has a ridemaster, could you get me some dimensions and closeup pics of the pulley. I may turn a new pulley. Were the reversing discs brass or fiber?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AKS and AKN used the same size piston

The reverse discs were bronze and some were fiber depending on model

I will be able to help you on the air cleaner but need to know if you have the Marvel schebler or zenith carb on there.
It is a zenith carb. This is a early ridemaster so I would think it would have bronze reversing discs? That would make machining easier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.