Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the bolens 38" snowthrower attachment for a Bolens 1050 will fit the Bolens 750 ? Thanks for any input and advise.

·
DR. Bolens
19,077 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :wave:

Do you have the original 7HP Briggs in the tractor?

The 38'' will attach to the 750 with no problem, but my only concern would be lack of power.... If you can I would look for a 32'' or 36''
The 38'' is not recommended for that model. But if you happen to have a larger non original engine in there you probably would be all set

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
DanB20,:welcometogttalk:glad to have you with us.

I think it will fit ,although power might be a concern. I am not a 750 expert,Bolens 1000 can tell you for sure,he is the resident Tube Frame expert here.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bolens 1000 said:
Welcome to the Forum :wave:

Do you have the original 7HP Briggs in the tractor?

The 38'' will attach to the 750 with no problem, but my only concern would be lack of power.... If you can I would look for a 32'' or 36''
The 38'' is not recommended for that model. But if you happen to have a larger non original engine in there you probably would be all set
Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have a replacement 8.0 HP B&G engine that was installed in 1976 and still runs great.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Brian,you beat me to posting.

·
DR. Bolens
19,077 Posts
DanB20 said:
Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have a replacement 8.0 HP B&G engine that was installed in 1976 and still runs great.
You know, I think you will be alright with the 38''....If the original 750 (7HP) could handle the 36'' blower then I think its safe to say another 2'' is not going to hurt that much.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
i think 8hp still would be not enough to run the blower the way it should. and the 750s dont have a low range so i think your goin to have to get a 32in.

·
DR. Bolens
19,077 Posts
1967bolens collector said:
i think 8hp still would be not enough to run the blower the way it should. and the 750s dont have a low range so i think your goin to have to get a 32in.
You bring up a good point.... The amount of power of the engine is borderline to me.....

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
I have nothing to add to this post and cannot answer your question, however :wave: DanB20 Welcome to GTTalk! We hope that you enjoy the forum!

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
:welcometogttalk:, I think too if it had low range it would be better otherwise it might work the engine harder than it was made for.....Have any Pics??????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts