1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,038 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,166 Posts
PDF is missing. Why don't you put this in the Articles Tech section of the Home page?

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pdf should be back now - I had a misprint in the title and had to edit it. I thought it would be best to put it in the Bolens section - my apologies.

·
Super Moderator
54,166 Posts
The pdf should be back now - I had a misprint in the title and had to edit it. I thought it would be best to put it in the Bolens section - my apologies.
No apologies needed. Doc has several articles in there. Most folks never look in there! If we get more articles and let folks know about them, maybe they will read them!

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Very good article. There was a listing on CL out of the Sioux City area for a repaired gear for $180. Send him the gear and $180 and in two weeks you get your repaired gear back. He sent them off to a place in Indiana. I have a local welding shop run by two brothers. One brother builds ARCA race car chassis so they know what they are doing. I may have them repair an old ground up gear for me to have an extra for my two Bolens 6 speeds.

Reactions: 29 Chev

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No apologies needed. Doc has several articles in there. Most folks never look in there! If we get more articles and let folks know about them, maybe they will read them!
I tried to post it in the tech section this evening but did not have success - guess I am still computer challenged.

·
Tractorholic
1,726 Posts
I had a cluster gear in my 212 that lost two teeth

I took it to a friend that welding a beads to replace the lost teeth

I took it home a ground each tooth back to the shape of the old tooth

it been it my 212 for the last 3 years and have not had a problem

·
Super Moderator
54,166 Posts
I hit the approve button, but the PDF is not there!

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,038 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts