Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy has a tiller for sale and I have been given first dibs on it. He sent some photos of it but not of the top so it's difficult to ascertain whether it's a round or flat top tiller. Apparently it's black in colour.I suspect it's a flat top. Here are some photos. What do you guys think it is? The seller is elderly and cannot remember what type it is and he's in poor health to shift it for more photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Its a tube frame flat top....

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Looks to me like the flat top tiller. Has two set of tines on both side and appear to fill the width of the top. round tops have 3 sets on one side and 2 on the other. My bet would be it is a flat top.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
The tines look in good shape on this one.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for your input on this.

I understand it's heavier than the round top one? How heavier ?

·
Tractorholic
2,177 Posts
A guy has a tiller for sale and I have been given first dibs on it. He sent some photos of it but not of the top so it's difficult to ascertain whether it's a round or flat top tiller. Apparently it's black in colour.I suspect it's a flat top. Here are some photos. What do you guys think it is? The seller is elderly and cannot remember what type it is and he's in poor health to shift it for more photos.
The tiller for my Bolens HT23 was identical to the tiller for my Dayton 3Z68B (MTD995) except the MTD uses a 3 point attachment while Bolens has the proprietary hitch system.

Smitty

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,273 Posts
I understand it's heavier than the round top one? How heavier ?
A # 18610 tiller (22" tilling width) had a shipping weight of 120 pounds (approx 55 kgs). ....The #18837 8" tine & hood extension for this tiller had a shipping weight of 25 pounds (approx 12 kgs).

A # 18616 tiller (25" tilling width) had a shipping weight of 190 pounds (approx 87 kgs). ...The #18617 8" tine & hood extension kit for this tiller had a shipping weight of 30 pounds (approx 14 kgs).

A # 18618 tiller (33" tilling width) had a shipping weight of 230 pounds (approx 104 kgs).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts