Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,423 Posts
Was that made by Brinly? I can't find anything in the attachment interchange list referencing a mid-mount blade.
I believe that is a Johnson Center-Mount "Terra-Blade."

Model # 1901-42 was the 42" Blade for tube-frame tractors. (list price of $90 in 1970)

Model # 1901-50 was the 50" Blade for tube-frame tractors. (list price of $95 in 1970)

Model # 1902-42 was the 42" Blade for Large-Frame tractors. (list price of $90 in 1970)

Model # 1902-50 was the 50" Blade for Large-Frame tractors. (list price of $95 in 1970)

The company was known as the Johnson Hydraulic Equipment Company.

Scarifers were considered part of the attachment and were included with the blades.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,423 Posts
you don't by any chance have any manuals for it do you,
No, sorry, I don't have any manuals for the Johnson blades.

The info I posted was from a price list of Bolens Allied Equipment. (Allied equipment was made by a separate companies such as Arps, Brinly, Johnson, Parker, Haban, Jackson, Jenkins, Amerind-MacKissac, Danuser, Cozy Cab, Generac, E-Z Rake, etc.)

The allied equipment was endorsed by Bolens for use on their tractors. ....If special hitches were required, they were supplied by the attachment manufacturer. ....With very few exceptions, Bolens did not apply a model number to the attachment, but used the manufacturer's model numbers.

There is a small picture of the blade mounted on a tube-frame in some of the Bolens brochures, but it is too small to see any detail. ....I'll look to see if I can find something useful.

The part going to the mounts on the rear axle should be simple. ....The lift linkage may be more involved.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.