Garden Tractor Forums banner
101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Thank you for the kind words.

Got the longer lift arm installed this morning and took a few pictures - the blade can now be angled in the fully raised position and the lift cylinder is about half way through its travel when the blade is resting on the ground. Doesn't lift quite as high now but think it should still work ok as the blade now lifts about 3" off the ground when straight on the left side which is slightly lower than the right side because of the lift arm only being attached on the right side of the frame. I also took a picture of the little rock collection that I have gathered up since grading the laneway - thinking about making a rock rake attachment sometime in the future. While the tractor was sitting in the shop I found time to paint some numbers on the cylinder to correspond to the marks I had put on the cylinder when I installed it several years ago.

1 Longer Lift Arm Installed.jpg 2 Lift Arm Clears Foot Rest Spacer OK.jpg 3 Painted Numbers To Correspond To The Marks On Lift Cylinder.jpg 4 Lift Cylinder In Middle Of Travel Now With Blade Sitting On Ground.jpg 5 Rock Collection Since Grading Laneway.jpg

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Tried out the mechanism and moving the blade while seated on the tractor this morning. First I tried moving the blade by releasing the pin and then dropping the blade and then moving the tractor slowly so the blade would rotate with the one corner dragging on the ground. This worked but afterwards I shut the tractor off with the blade in the raised position and moved my feet from the footrests to sit on the top edge of the blade. Then I lifted the rod up to release the lock pin and then found I could pivot the blade by pushing on the top edge with my left or right foot. Not the smoothest operation as the pin didn't just fall into the proper hole sometimes as it is a snug fit but should work ok for me to allow me to change the angle without having to get off the tractor. Did a short video that shows how I can move the blade if someone wishes to view it - again I apologize in advance for my limited camera skills.

Here is the link

101 - 102 of 102 Posts