Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, not real happy with this,maybe something in the setting I've done wrong BUT,every morning since I have joined you guys,I get up and check my e-mails and find for some reason that every post that I made the day before has been sent to me as an e-mail.Now I would like this to STOP. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
We don't mean to offend. It is the settings for your subscription modes. Basically go to the same page that where you adjusted your time zone, the general settings page and you will see a setting for default thread subscription mode: and there are a couple of options. Choose which setting you would like to be default.

Now you need to manage your subscribed threads and you can do that by going to the subscribed threads page, you can select all of them and remove them and you will no longer get emails. YOu can also change the subscription method for them also if you would still like to stay subscribed but in a different way, here is a screenshot:

Product Font Rectangle Operating system Screenshot

You really should take a few minutes like already suggested to get familiar with the user control panel, there are settings for pretty much everything for the site in there.

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See, I tell you I really am computer challenged,I don't know what you mean by "subscribed threads ",and " manage subscribed threads".
I can look at the user control panel ,but really don't understand what I am looking at.I like this forum,it seems to be a VERY nice site ,But maybe it isn't for me with all this "technical" stuff.
I am slow when it comes to this stuff.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I found the default thread subscription mode,and my options are:
do not subscribe
through my control panel only
instantly,using e-mail
daily, using e-mail
weekly,using e-mail
Which one of these do I click on to do what I want,Which is to not get e-mail showing all of my posts from the day before ?

G

·
mjodrey go to settings Then go to My Account then general setting go down to Default Thread Subscription and then click on Do not subscribe

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well,I clicked on Do Not Subscribe,hope that works. Thanks James.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Ya do not subscribe is the setting you want to not get any emails about replies to a post you made. You have to remove your current subscribed threads by going here http://www.gttalk.com/subscription.php
and selecting all of the threads you no longer want to be subscribed to and at the bottom there is a button that says subscribed threads and when you click on it, there are options to change the subscription type or delete subscriptions.

Here is a screen shot of the popup to choose what to do:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And how do I select the threads I no longer want to be subscribed to ? Do I click on the little box on the right next to the word daily ?I know your getting tired of me real fast,but I don't understand these things.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
You can either click on the little box at the top right beside notify and that will select all threads showing and then you can click on the button at the bottom like my screen shot or you can select them individually by clicking the little box beside where it says instant.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK and then I click on the GO button ? And that should stop those posts from being e-mailed to me ?
Also,you said in another post to me that if I wanted to post more youtube videos ,to click on a film strip icon,I didn't see that anywhere.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
When you click on reply, in the reply box there are a couple of icons at the top left of the box, from left to right they are:

Remove text formatting | Bold | Italic | Underline | Font color | link | picture | insert video | quote

If you hover over any of the icons they tell you what they are, and on the insert video icon if you click on it a box pops up and it gives a description of what type of links are supported and from what sources, you put the link to the video and click ok and it does the rest for you.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for your help,much appreciated. It makes me mad to be so stupid when it comes to computers,but I hope if I play around with them long enough, it might sink in.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
That is how I learned, just playing around and I always figured I could start over if I screwed something up too bad LOL

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
My problem was back this morning when I checked my e-mails,I had a whole bunch more posts from yesterday in my e-mail and I am fed up with it .I tried to correct the problem yesterday by following directions and it DID NOT WORK for me.Can someone here PLEASE "fix" this for me. I am sorry to be this way, but I need someone else to do this for me.If it can not be corrected then I will give up my membership,I don't want to but I'm not going to put up with this . Again , I'm sorry .

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Maynard, with how many posts that you have had in your short membership time, did you happen to check to see if there was more then one page of current subscribed threads where I told you how to remove them from your subscriptions list? The only other way I can fix it for you is if you send me a pm with your password so I can log in as you and remove your subscriptions for you.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
George,
Yes there was 3 pages,and I was sure that I selected every post.Is there any way that YOU could fix this for me ?

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
You still had two pages worth of subscriptions. I removed them from your subscription list so you shouldn't get the emails now.

·
Tractorholic
2,179 Posts
Maynard,

Don't feel too bad. You're not alone on computer ignorance. I'm right behind you! I get really frustrated too. I was kind of wondering how I was getting the GTtalk emails. I'll have to see if I can navigate through the settings. Glad you posted this.

Good luck with the computer skills (for me too)!

BILL

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
The site is set when you register to have daily thread subscription updates, maybe this needs to be set to do subscription at all unless the user changes it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.