Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my eye on this thing for several years. It belonged to a friend who didn't want to sell it a few years ago when I asked him about about it. I knew he didn't use it much and it was just sitting there starting to rust. Well he finally said he wanted to sell it due to moving. He's down sizing and getting out of some of his hobbies. So we settled on a price and I brought it home yesterday and set it up. It's a bench top combination lathe and milling machine / drill press. A couple pics...

SAM_0276.jpg

SAM_0277.jpg

After some cleaning and lubricating the ways...

SAM_0278.jpg

SAM_0279.jpg

SAM_0281.jpg

I know this machine is limited but it will serve my purposes nicely for some small projects. I have one Wheel Horse project in the planning stage for it as a first project. We'll see how that goes. Hope you like the pics.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Nice! It'll handle most GT needs just fine. You'll never regret buying it, that's for sure!

·
Super Moderator
54,818 Posts
Love to have something like that! Glad you got it!

Reactions: JimD

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Sweet! That's a really nice machine. I have a Taig mini lathe but it's much smaller than that one and has no milling attachment.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
That is awsome! I would love to have something like that! Congrats on what will be (would be for me anyway) the most useful tool in your shop!

·
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I have found a package deal on a quick change tool post and some tooling for $175. that I'll be ordering soon for this machine. It has 3 center drills, 9 boring bars, QT tool post and 4 holders ,5 indexable turning tool holders with inserts, wrench, and screws, a drill chuck and arbor for the tail stock, and a cut-off blade. All this will give it much more capability than it has now. I work in a machine shop and I think my boss will let me buy some scrap stock to use for small parts. I'm gonna need a few end mills also. :D

Reactions: twostep

·
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You can tell that the PO hadn't used it much due to the light surface rust, but after using it some the body oil will take that away and it will look like it should, you have done a fine job of cleaning it up. Good luck with that fine piece of tooling.

Dick

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
What a cool tool to have! It will come in handy with your upcoming projects. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Looks great...Should work fine for GT work.

·
87 Posts
Nice !!!! Be sure to take of rings & thing , machines do not know when to stop . foot pedals help keep it safe

·
254 Posts
Very nice. I spent about 13 years in a machine shop. That will come in real handy. I'd love to have something similar.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts