Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week and a half ago I bought another project truck, a 1995 Chevy K1500. I plan to use this one as my semi daily driver and fix it up as I go. Before I bought it the PO hit a pole with the front of the truck which caused a fair amount of damage. Thankfully the majority of the damage was to body parts that can be easily replaced, the end of the frame was damaged some but I'm thinking it can be fixed with a hammer and set of torches.

Right now I've been working on it when I get some free time and progress is being made slowly. At this time most of the damaged parts are off, all that is left is the hood, fender and some small parts. Now the fun can begin lol, time to start gathering the parts. My brother and I have a few of these trucks already so I have access to most of the parts needed, unless I find parts in better condition and cheap. That's what happened in the last two pics, I bought parts but didn't have a truck to haul them, so I used my car lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Can't beat a ******* body shop for economy. Good looking work so far. Nice basic truck to start with too. Should serve you another 100K miles.

Reactions: farmerall

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You got a hood the same colour,,,bonus!
That's the only reason I bought the hood. I already had two others but the wrong color. This one saved me money in the long run.

Nice looking truck there.No rust on the wheel arches? Looks like it was well cared for.

Is the frame tweaked or did it just push the rad support back enough to kink the fender?Surprised the air bag didn't go off.
It's been cared for decently. The front fenders were replaced and the rear wheel wells have some rust. The frame looks to be ok other that the end that got mangled. I think I can fix it easily though.

Love these trucks. Had quite a few of them. I currently have a 1990 w/5 1/2" lift on it.
They are great trucks. My brother and I have a few of them at this time.

I cant believe how good the interior looks!
It's ok but has some stains and needs a good cleaning.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just want to post a quick update. I haven't got anything major accomplished yet, the weather got colder again and I've been busy with other projects too. Soon I'll be working on it more regularly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.