Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Got up a 4:00 am today and got the chores done, cows all feed in the dark, then drove 4 1/2 hours to get a MF12 with snowthrower, mower deck and rotortiller. Then 4 1/2 hours home. 560 miles round trip with snowy road in the morning and a test of brakes when a buck deer jumped out in front of me. Roads were good coming home though.Got home and found out I didn't get the handle for changing the snowthrower shoot, dang it! It has a tecumseh 16 hp in it.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
8,365 Posts
That was some trip ! What size is that tiller . looks pretty big ?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Other than the seat, she looks really good! But are you sure about the engine size. Stock is a 12hp Tecumseh HH120, and that appears to be the stock engine. But then it's hard to tell without seeing if it has overhead valves as a 16hp would have.

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could be a 12 hp, I haven't checked just what the seller said he was told. Well I'm calling it a day. Thanks everyone, have a good evening.

·
Tractorholic
164 Posts
I've consider that distance a time or to and always chicken out. Forgetting the part or not taking pictures or not bringing something that would have made the job easier, been there and done that. Looks like you got some fine equipment. Have fun with it.

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry Alc, according to a booklet the basic tiller is 22" and it has the 16" extension, so I guess it's a 38" wide tiller.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Nice score Bud! Sounds like a long day and a worthwhile trip! Glad you made the trip OK and thanks for the pics!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
That was a long trip, but it looks well worth it. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
Nice snag on the tractor. Tomorrow the trip will be forgotten and you will still have the tractor to enjoy.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor, hope it serves you well for a long time.

I already forgot about your long haul to get it, right Chris? LOL.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Congrats,nice looking "12".

·
Super Moderator
54,363 Posts
Nice tractor and implements. Definitely worth the trip. Hope someone can help with the handle relacement, or you can have the PO mail the original one to you. Good luck.

·
66 Posts
Nice find!

I had a similar trip, very similar actually, getting my Ariens YT12 this year. I bought on eBay, with deck and snowblower, weight box, chains, was a sweet deal because i literally stole it. Bad thing, it was a six hour round trip to go get it and on the way home i had a deer jump out and cut in front of me, locked up the brakes hard. Luckily i had everything in the trailer strapped down good and nothing got hurt. Was an adventure thats for sure!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Really nice 12. What I like best about your deal is the great attachments you got with it. You can really put it to work winter and summer. Congratulations.

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looked at the engine today and the numbers are OH160 17008F . I guess the seller was right its a 16 hp. I'm surprised it fit with no cutting the hood or grill, might have had to drill new mounting holes when they put it in though. Runs fine, the key switch has been replaced with a togle switch. I think the snowthrower handle might have been a jack handle. It doesn't look like pictures I've seen. If anyone has a blower could you give me the length and the dia. of the rod so I could make one fairly close, also the size of the lift spring as they are missing, thanks.

·
Tractorholic
1,182 Posts
Bud said:
Looked at the engine today and the numbers are OH160 17008F . I guess the seller was right its a 16 hp. I'm surprised it fit with no cutting the hood or grill, might have had to drill new mounting holes when they put it in though. Runs fine, the key switch has been replaced with a togle switch. I think the snowthrower handle might have been a jack handle. It doesn't look like pictures I've seen. If anyone has a blower could you give me the length and the dia. of the rod so I could make one fairly close, also the size of the lift spring as they are missing, thanks.
The springs you can get at the hardware store.I think the ones i got for mine were 4"long not sure on coil dia.I just got a fairly stiff spring so it lifted easier.

·
TRACTOROLOGIST
234 Posts
deff agree, just think you got to get outa town for a bit. prob even seen a few more GT's on the way looking in backyards...lol. Anyway....great lookn MF sure looks like a great rig

1 - 20 of 25 Posts