Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone looking for a NEW/never seen a blade of grass OEM mower deck for their snapper/MF lawn tractor? Only thing missing are the mounting brackets/rods and gauge wheels. Heres your chance to buy a original factory brand new deck!! Wood Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior
 

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Where are you located and what are you asking for it?
 

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
Joined
·
32,409 Posts
WOW...how rare that must be. Possibly the only one left in existence!
 
G

·
What tractor is it from, it sure as heck doesn't look like anything from the 1450 or 1650 series, it's not shaft drive, rules out the 1655/1855, it's square so it cant be a MF14/16, it has round shaft mounts for rear wheels, looks like it COULD be for a 1010 compact, but I've only seen them in 54 inch or larger. The later model Massey GTX series maybe?
 

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
Joined
·
32,409 Posts
Looks identical to my MF1650's deck, but this one appears to have a {mulching plate?} bolted to the discharge.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Big Bill, that's exactly like the deck on my MF1650A.
 
G

·
Weird none of my decks have the round posts for the rear wheels, mine are square, plus mine has front built in wheels, not skids, my deck covers aren't near as high, and not that it's important, but all of mine are rear discharge. Of course I didn't buy any of mine new, so I don't know what happened before I got them, It's just weird all mine look different. They are all in very good shape maybe they were bought later.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry guys for leaving you hanging! Its off a 1650MF or 1650A snapper but I think it fits the 1400 and 1450 models also maybe??? What your seeing on the side facing closest to you is the deflector chute its flipped up or back so can't see the side of the deck. The deck is a friend of mine and he is located in georgia. He wants some serious cash for it but in my mind its worth every penny and I'd buy it if it would work on my 1655 but won't! He wants $1,500.00, think about it....whens the last time you saw a new/never used OEM snapper/massey deck! This is a rare find!!! Let me know if your interested in it! Luke
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,481 Posts
Big Bill said:
Weird none of my decks have the round posts for the rear wheels, mine are square, plus mine has front built in wheels, not skids, my deck covers aren't near as high, and not that it's important, but all of mine are rear discharge. Of course I didn't buy any of mine new, so I don't know what happened before I got them, It's just weird all mine look different. They are all in very good shape maybe they were bought later.
Massey and Snapper decks will all interchange. Both use common mounts The Snappers have the rear post with pins for height adjustment and Massey had a lever on the right side of the deck for height adjustment. Bought my Massey new with a rear discharge deck.
I 3 point mounted mowers had a 1.6-1 ratio gear box instead of a 1-1 used on the belly mounts
Never saw one with wheels on the front but it has crossed my mind to do that.
I saw a 1655 Massey awhile back that had non-Massey mower on it. Mid PTO drive Funny color blue and was mounted to and pivoted from the front axle. Really kicking my self for not getting more info off that mower deck.
 
G

·
Luke said:
Sorry guys for leaving you hanging! Its off a 1650MF or 1650A snapper but I think it fits the 1400 and 1450 models also maybe??? What your seeing on the side facing closest to you is the deflector chute its flipped up or back so can't see the side of the deck. The deck is a friend of mine and he is located in georgia. He wants some serious cash for it but in my mind its worth every penny and I'd buy it if it would work on my 1655 but won't! He wants $1,500.00, think about it....whens the last time you saw a new/never used OEM snapper/massey deck! This is a rare find!!! Let me know if your interested in it! Luke
HAHAHAHAHA, That s a good one, for half that I could have one made, or buy two tractors with good decks. Does he really think he's going to find a sucker to pay 1500.00 for a 30+ year old deck, even if it is new, he's high. Where's the adjustment handle?, again it doesn't look like ANY Massey deck I have. heres a picture of mine and there all the same, I've seen other they all have an adjustment lever handle and rear wheels on a bar across the back for adjustment and front wheels
 

Attachments

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,481 Posts
Big Bill said:
HAHAHAHAHA, That s a good one, for half that I could have one made, or buy two tractors with good decks. Does he really think he's going to find a sucker to pay 1500.00 for a 30+ year old deck, even if it is new, he's high. Where's the adjustment handle?, again it doesn't look like ANY Massey deck I have. heres a picture of mine and there all the same, I've seen other they all have an adjustment lever handle and rear wheels on a bar across the back for adjustment and front wheels
Are you sure that the front wheels were not added. I have never saw those before.
 
G

·
ducky said:
Are you sure that the front wheels were not added. I have never saw those before.
I would have thought that, but all three decks are the same, the new bolt is there cause the old one fell off, they look original to me, maybe not, maybe a dealer option? I don't know, but I don't like the round post wheels with no adjustment handle, pretty cheesy. just wonder why so many had that style of rear wheels on Maseys unless they were replaced with cheaper Snapper decks along the way.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,481 Posts
Big Bill said:
I would have thought that, but all three decks are the same, the new bolt is there cause the old one fell off, they look original to me, maybe not, maybe a dealer option? I don't know, but I don't like the round post wheels with no adjustment handle, pretty cheesy. just wonder why so many had that style of rear wheels on Maseys unless they were replaced with cheaper Snapper decks along the way.
Yes the post wheels are Snapper. Massey never used the to my knowledge.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,481 Posts
Big Bill said:
I think I'm going to convert one of the rear discharge decks to a 3 point shaft drive finish mower
I have one on my 1855a Snapper. Still working on the mower to get it mechanical good. I think I will really like it and it is easy for an old man to take on and off.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those gauge wheels were very installed new on big bills deck....someone has welded brackets and installed john deere gauge wheels to that deck...guaranteed!!! You can see where the original skid show was welded to the top of the deck in his picture......someone hacked the piece off and modified it with a gauge wheel....did a very nice job in installing them to I must say...looks factory! The deck on my MF 1655 has been modified with the same gauge wheels also...works very good!
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
The deck for my Snappr 1650A looks exactly like that, even the gauge wheels.
 
G

·
I'm not sure which decks rally and tinnern are refering to (I do that alot, I know which ones I mean, but others don't, lol), but Luke, If there's one thing I've learned being around machinery. You cant guarantee ANYTHING. Your to young to remember, but they had this car company called American Motors or AMC, it came from Rambler/Studebaker/International/DeSoto, maybe. Anyway try working on those cars and you would find Chrysler transmissions, Ford rear ends, and Chevy motors, maybe, sometimes they were switched. good example on the Massey MF14/16 series sometimes you see the foot boards that only go as far as the engine, on others you see them go all the way to the front of the tractor, The early models were taller than the later models, don't ask, I have no idea. When I first saw the snapper style of decks I REALLY thought some one had tore of the adjustable wheels and welded a cheesy set of post wheels to it., and those rear wheels on the snapper deck are about as cheap and cheesy as I have seen on a deck of that size, absolutely guaranteed to fail
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top