Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to rebuild my 15hp Briggs and Stratton 325431 0139 01 .This is my first rebuild and I'm going to take the cranks and block to a machine shop to get everything checked and any machine work done that might be needed. Anyone know the spec for the crank ? The manual show it for the cylinder but I couldn't find anything about the crank.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Gtractor, that story was true and I remember it like it happened yesterday.It happen around 15 years ago since my buddy is 80 now. Now about this Briggs engine...I would measure the crank journal to see if it is worn out of round beyond spec. If it is, just order a .020 rod and turn the crankshaft journal down to where you have between .0015 and .002 clearance between the rod and crank journal. Most of these cast iron blocks can be cleaned up with a .010 overbore unless there is deep scoring. The part number for a .020 rod is 390306 and a .010 piston is part number 390365. Just make sure your piston isn't oversize already.

·
Tinker Master
8,044 Posts
Pop the flywheel off and it will slide right out.. If the motor is old I'd check everything to be sure it's OK before I poured $$$$ into it.. But that's just me!

·
Tinker Master
8,044 Posts
take the cam and lifters out to gain proper clearance. Be careful to mark or remember which lifter is in what position. They have 'mated' with the particular cam lobe they ride on. Don't mix them up..

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Tinker Master
8,044 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.