Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
I just bought this little 1947 NPR6 today on ebay for $45. Its painted green, and has the long intake tube like I've seen on DB's, but this is not a mechanical governor like a DB. I think I may have seen this set up on a Bolens walk behind before, but I'm not sure. I thought I'd ask the Bolens experts. Here are a few pics, although I don't have the engine in my posession yet. I have several old Briggs engines, as well as another NPR6 that I just restored in the mechanical section, but I thought maybe someone here would know what this came off of. Thanks
It also has something strange on the gas cap?

Matt

Attachments

·
Tractor Whisperer
1,473 Posts
sure could use that for a Bolens power-hoe I'll be doing a project on at some point this winter .....maybe...lol

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Sure looks familiar.

Matt
Good eyes, I didnt even notice it was the same one when I pulled the pic from the web.

I googled "Bolens walk behind" and came up with this pic.
The guy must have parted it out.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats funny that you found a pic of the exact same engine I just bought. Do you know whats up with the little decoration on the gas cap? Thanks

Matt

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Thats funny that you found a pic of the exact same engine I just bought. Do you know whats up with the little decoration on the gas cap? Thanks

Matt
As for the Fuel cap, I never seen anything like that

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
If you were going to part it out I would be intrested in the output shaft, but seeing you got a few other briggs I'm guessing you'll get it running. Just thought I;d ask

I Just looked back on ebay, and now the wheels, and tires from this Bolens are listed for $40 for the pair if anyone needs them.

Matt
Just wish the shipping wasn't so high

Reactions: bowtiebutler956

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you were going to part it out I would be intrested in the output shaft, but seeing you got a few other briggs I'm guessing you'll get it running. Just thought I;d ask

Just wish the shipping wasn't so high
Will this work for you Nate?

Attachments

Reactions: Nato77

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts