Garden Tractor Forums banner

Bringing my 2nd 1050 back to life

574 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  stiemmy 
#1 ·
For the past 3 years or so this 1050 has sat on the back burner waiting for me to have the time to work on it. The other day I finally got around to working on the engine again. Last time I tried to start the engine I burned the points up. So I pulled a set out of an engine I was scrapping and put them in. After getting everything set right I had spark again and then the engine fired on carb cleaner. With some fresh gas it was running on it's own although it was surging badly. I let it run like that for a few minutes until the engine coughed and stalled. The engine fired right up again and ran nice and smooth this time. I guess the dirt in the carb must have broke free and worked it's was out. I still need a new battery for the tractor so for the time being I strapped a car battery to the rear and was able to drive the tractor out of the shed. This was the first time I'd driven the tractor with it's new clutch too. The pedal needs adjusted but the engine will pull the front tires of the ground. The next update will be after the hood is put back on and I get an attachment on the tractor.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It's always good to see another Bolens in the queue for restoration. It looks to be a pretty solid candidate for the resto. Have fun getting it back into action!

BTW: You have a very nice property there! :thumbs: Looks like you have plenty of interesting terrain for your Bolens' to roam. I'm on the opposite side of the state. PA seems to have a high concentration of Bolens equipment.

#4 ·
It's always good to see another Bolens in the queue for restoration. It looks to be a pretty solid candidate for the resto. Have fun getting it back into action!

BTW: You have a very nice property there! :thumbs: Looks like you have plenty of interesting terrain for your Bolens' to roam. I'm on the opposite side of the state. PA seems to have a high concentration of Bolens equipment.
I'm not sure if this one will get restored. I may just clean it up some. Also Bolens are getting harder to find over here.

:thumbs: Love the rear mounted booster pack :D

Looks tidy for its age. Was looking at mine yesterday & its no where like yours
Pictures make it look better than it is.

#5 ·
I'm not sure if this one will get restored. I may just clean it up some. Also Bolens are getting harder to find over here.

Pictures make it look better than it is.
Ahh, lots of life left in that ol girl!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.