Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a brinly 1 row planter todat for 175.00. i havent got it home yet but i seen pics of it an it has some rot on the fertilizer bin but i can fix that. it is the white one so its probly late 60's. the only thing missing is the scribe ''row marker'' but i can make one up easy enough. foe that price and the fact i missed out on 4 of them in the last year i had to get it. it only has one plate but i know where i can get seed plates. i will post some pics as soon as i get it home.

·
DB restorer
2,850 Posts
Man thats sad, as i sold one this summer at a club auction of $25/one plate. It was a KK350 i think, might have been a bigger number. Had the manaul also. I looked to yrs for plates but never found any, so i just decided to get it out the door and donated the money to the club. I really thought it would bring a little more.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you sold the planter for 25? on ebay they bring 500

·
4,471 Posts
Great find. Too bad you and Lauber 1 could not have hooked up sooner.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Sounds like a great deal and can't wait to see the pics.

·
4,471 Posts
olcowhand said:
I would love to find a Brinly planter, especially for $25!!!!! No way I'd give $500 though. Ideally I'd buy a single unit off a late model plateless planter & adapt to cat 0 3-point.
That is what I want to do as well but those puppies are hard to find. Next time I can get by Wisconsin Tractor Parts I am going to check their yard.

·
DB restorer
2,850 Posts
Well i didnt really intend for it to go that low. I though maybe it would bring $200 and the money was going to my club anyway. I only paid $50 for it several yrs back, so im not really out all that much. I should have gotten someone to bid it up, but that would have been wrong, as after all that how i got my first stuff, waiting for a cheap deal to come along. i have a lot of differnt seeders so it wont be like ill miss it.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
brinly planter 001.jpg well its 1:30 in the morning an i just got home from an almost 6hr trip in the pooring rain but i got my planter home..

Attachments

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
heres the pics

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am goin to repaint it and use it

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
I just missed one for my Sears. Guy had it for $200 for a week on CL, but would'nt respond to emails, or I wasn't getting them. I think it was because the Ipad uses my wifes name automatically when it sends. He may be one of those guys who are funny about business with women? I finally tried it from the PC and my own email & he replied that it was spoken for, then an hour later another it was sold. Oh well, Hope it gets a good home.

·
18 Posts
1967bolens collector said:
View attachment 18392 View attachment 18391 View attachment 18390 View attachment 18389 well its 1:30 in the morning an i just got home from an almost 6hr trip in the pooring rain but i got my planter home..
nice score, my first one was about the same distance, got it for $100, 2nd one I bought was less than an hour each way got it for $25, it has most of the row marker but is missing one of the long bars. If you need any measurements to build one let me know I might be able to help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts