Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been throwing my scrap metal into five gallon buckets. Nuts ,bolts, old pulleys, you know the stuff i mean. A friend got a new washing machine, $15 to haul away the old one. he kept it to put in my "collection of old G.T. parts. I gutted it , covered the holes in the bottom, and reinforced the front so it wouldn't pop off. The east end of my shop is enclosed with a privacy fence so I hid it from sight back there. It's already a fourth full. it has holes in the bottom so it won't collect water. I need to throw away just a little more and I'll room for another G.T. Rick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
How will you move it when its full?

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Good use for an old Maytag.

Reactions: CRFarnsworth

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
That's my question, do you have a loader? I would say that thing could weigh over 1'000lbs when it's full of steel !

Good re-purpose of cabinet !! :thumbs:

Reactions: CRFarnsworth

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I have a loader.. IH 574 tractor w/ IH2250 loader. Also a one ton dump truck that seems to manufacture its own scrap metal. It's not unusual to find that someone has anonamously donated to the cause. I usually haul in a couple times a year, but it makes enough to pay for the plates and insurance. Rick

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
When you scrap a washer, salvage the motor. Many of them are 2 speed. There are base plates available to strap on. Then with a three position toggle switch I have a motor to power a bench tool. I made my 4 speed drill press into an 8 speed this way. The pulley system in dryers is handy for slowing down the rpms on some machines.

Washing machine cabinets make good work bench bases.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts