Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I am building a front loader for my bolens qt . the tractor is a hydro , my question is , can I use the tractor hydraulic system to power the loader . I plan on using a 2 1/2" by 13 " stroke cylinder , 3/4" rod for the center lift . this is a front mount loader, so I think I can get away with the one cylinder for the lift . I still have to figure out the dump cylinder , but I think that will be the same as the lift cylinder .

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Not sure about the Bolens, but most GT's have an auxillary pump for the loaders.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
Just something to think about - putting all the loader + load weight on the front of the tractor my not be such a good idea. Not sure the front end will take it and without power steering would be a beast to steer. The mid mounts move a lot of the weight to the back of the tractor to even it out a lot more. Just saying ?

Reactions: dropped82

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Just something to think about - putting all the loader + load weight on the front of the tractor my not be such a good idea. Not sure the front end will take it and without power steering would be a beast to steer. The mid mounts move a lot of the weight to the back of the tractor to even it out a lot more. Just saying ?
I second that. I just installed a loader on my 1655 with no power steering. Without decent counter weight, it's a bear to steer and mines mid mounted like most traditional machines. Also, hanging one out front really limits it's use. If you wanna go that route, you might look into a Johnny bucket type setup. Theres a front mount loader out there called the buford bucket. Although I've not seen it on a tractor without power steering. Your hydro system will work but will be extremely slow. I also added a separate pump on the engine directly driven. Was pretty easy to do. Good luck.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this project started out as a johny bucket , as I watched video's on utube it sort of changed into a Buford bucket . I originally was going to use electric 12 volt cylinders , but changed my mind and decided to use the hydraulic system on the tractor . the hydraulic lift cylinder on it now is extremely fast, so I thought I'd tie into the system and get the power for the lift . so far the framework is all mounted on the front of the tractor , if it don't work out I can easily add the framework for a standard loader . so far I have 100 dollars invested , and a lot of manhours .. the thing that's buggin me the most right now is the steering .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts